Chapter 25

... Suddenly Derek tackles Wren to the ground, knocking me down as collateral, Wren uses his speed to push Derek off and stands up a few feet away from him. My mother races to my side and lends me a hand, I roll my eyes and allow her to help me up. Derek goes to attack Wren but he blocks it and counterattacks sending Derek to the ground face down. I could see Derek's body starting to shift as the sound of his bones cracking and reshaping fills my ears, with a roar he is in his lion form. His lion was about the size of Jena but stocky, his black main made his golden eyes pop as we got closer to the fight. The rest of the coven are now all watching from the safe house's windows and doors. 

... "Stop it you two!" I yell as I get in between them. They both stop and stare at me, with Derek's golden eyes and Wren's red ones beaming at me I feel a flutter in my stomach. I look at each of them before noticing the reflection of purple in their eyes. Glancing down I notice that my purple fire is forming around my body and singeing the edges of my clothes. It's completely innocuous to me, but what could it do to anyone else? It must be like a shield, it shall be a great help for what I sense might happen between these two. 

...  "Are you ok?" asks my dad stepping closer to me. "I'm fine it's harmless to me, but stay back I don't know how it affects others," I say without hesitation, I don't want anyone to get hurt. "Are you two done?" I ask glancing back at the problem at hand. Wren nods and puts Dixon back in his cage for now. I notice Derek shifting back to human form and instinctively turn away. "Hello, Rylie's parents," Edgar says holding a hand out to my father. He takes it and I can see a flip switch in my dad's head. "How did you guys all meet?" Taz asks looking at me.

... "Well, Dale had a craving for blood so I went to the hospital to steal some and Edgar's people caught me, then I escaped the cell and got caught by Frosty," I say with a side smile as I walk back to the group, "Then Frosty brought me to meet Edgar." My mom look over at me in surprise, "How did this Frosty character catch you?" I laugh a little and explain everything to them as Derek walks back up in just his shorts. Edgar invites us all back to the house and we all sit down in Edgar's huge office. 

... "So, where have you and Dale been staying?" asks Derek. "We have our own rooms next to Edgar's," I reply with a glare towards him. "So, then you and Wren here haven't been sleeping together?" asks my dad. "Nope, and why would we, we just found out we are mates, plus I've only been here for two days. We stayed at an hotel for the first day then I got caught the second day and Edgar said he would help me with Dale," I explain looking up at Wren for a moment. "Would you like for me to check on Dale?" asks Wren looking down at me, he's standing behind my chair. "Yes please," I reply with a small smile looking back up at him. He pecks my cheek and walks out the room, I could feel the anger radiating off of Derek, but that's his problem. 

... "So, she is fine to stay here, correct?" asks my dad. "Of course, I told her I would help her with Dale and I always keep my word," says Edgar from his big chair on the other side of the desk. I could see my mom look over at my dad with crazy eyes, I could tell she was mad that he asked that. I think she wants me to come back to their pack, but I honestly don't want to go back. Wren is here plus I'm not used to the all werewolf type of pack life. When I lived with Nathan our pack was full of many creatures, yes it was mostly wolves but there were vampires and witches also.

... "Honey, would you like to stay here?" asks my mom, I think they were mind-linking each other. "Yes, I'm actually used to a mixture of creatures in a pack, plus Wren's here and they can help me with Dale," I reply looking over to my parents. "Will you come and visit us?" asks my dad furrowing his eyebrows. "Of course, I'll even bring Dale and Wren with me," I reply with a smile. I could sense Derek tense up when I said I would bring Wren with me, but he is the one who chose to sleep with someone else. I get a nod from my dad and my mom stands up, "Alrighty then, we'll just get out of your hair, make sure to come and visit at least every other weekend, ok?" "I will, just call me whenever you want me to visit," I say looking for my phone which seems to be in my room. "We will," says my father as he fixes himself from sitting down. "I'll walk you guys out," I say standing up. I follow them out of the room and to the front door of the safe house, giving my parents hugs bye and ignoring Derek before they run into the woods to shift.

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Thank you for reading. Please comment and vote. 

Bye my Pack!!!

---Truealphafemale21