Chapter 23

... I walk into the open room to see finished and unfinished weapons hanging around on metal racks and people working on weaponry. "Hello," an older man with a short beard and thick-rimmed glasses said as he approached me. "Hello," I reply feeling Wren speed up beside me. "How are you, Gerald?" asks Wren with a small smile. "Just fine, Wren," he replies before turning to one of his workers. "Edgar told me that I should come and meet you," I say as he looks back at us. "Riley, is it?" he asks fixing his glasses. "Yes, but how did you know?" I ask in confusion. "You're the one that everyone is talking about right now," he explains, "so your name has come up a few times." "That makes sense," I said with a nod.

... "So, what do you think of her power?" Wren asks as he glances down at me. "From what I can tell she is a werewolf, but from what I've heard she also has other powers," he explains. "Yes, I have many powers but I'm not only werewolf," I say with a flash of Grace's eyes. Gerald's eyes widen along with Wrens as they try to comprehend it. "So then what else are you?" Wren asks looking down at me. "I'm a Butterfly Princess," I say, "My mother is the Queen of our kingdom and also the Luna to the Silver Claw Pack." "Does my father know this?" asks Wren. "He never asked," I reply looking into his icy eyes. "Fair point," he replies before looking back at Gerald who seemed bored.

... "So I'm guessing with all of this extra power, that you are looking for something lightweight and stable," says Gerald as he grabs a notepad and pencil. "Yea, but something I can call back to me," I reply. "Ok, It'll take a few hours before it's ready," Gerald says as he sketches something out on the notepad, "so come back around one or two in the morning." "You got it," Wren says before pulling me out of the room causing sparks to explode from the contact. But these sparks felt different from the ones that I had with Derek, better and meant to be.

... "Where are you taking me?" I ask as Wren speed walks us through the mansion. "To my favorite place in this nest," he says gesturing to the mansion and all the supernaturals in it. By the time we had stopped moving, we were in front of an old oak door on the third floor. Wren unlocks the door and opens it allowing for me to go in first. I step in to find a two-story library connected by a swirling staircase, with a few chairs and tables scattered about. I find my self at the bottom stair looking up to the second floor.

... "I'm guessing you like it," he says looking down at me from his standing position. "Have you read all of these books?" I ask with a nod. "Most of them, but others I didn't even want to read," he replies looking around the room. "Then why have them?" I ask standing up to look at him. "They are over supernatural beings which make this whole mixed coven thing a lot easier," he replies looking down at me as he steps closer. "I'm guessing that there aren't any over the butterfly race," I say with a smirk. "No, actually there aren't," he says wrapping his arm around my waist with sparks. "I'm sure that I can help with that," I say before pecking his cheek.

... "Anything you want to know in particular?" he asks looking into my eyes. "How about the book on vampires," I say, "I don't know much about them." he nods and pulls away from me before heading up the swirling staircase. He comes back down with a giant book covered with dust and old script writing on it. "What does that say?" I ask gesturing to the script. "The Vampire Curse, written by Dracula himself," he says after blowing the dust away.

... I take the book from him and place it onto a table before flipping the cover open, to see the beautiful handwriting of Dracula. It's kind of hard to make out since his cursive was so on point but I could make out most of it. It started off with simple notes like the hunger to feed and the self-healing ability, it also had a short explanation of how he found out about each key item. Wren grabs us some chairs before sitting down, I sit down and bring the chair closer to the table.

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%Thank you for reading. Please comment and vote.

Who likes Gerald? Wren's Library?

Bye my Pack!!!

---Truealphafemale21