Chapter 24

... I found out that half-vampires are called dhamphirs, it explained that the chances of the father being a human is one out of a million. Wren knows that his mother was human when she gave birth, but I'm not sure about Dale's parents. I flip the book closed for now and stretch out my body. "So, how do you want to get to know each other better?" Wren asks looking down at me. "How about we play 21 questions?" I ask with a small smile. He chuckles before sitting down next to me, "Ladies first." I nod and turn so I am looking at him, "So who raised you?" I ask curiously. 

... "My father Edgar with a lot of help from the coven," he says, "It takes a village." I nod my head, "Your turn." "Um... Who raised you?" he asks copying my question. "That's complicated so I'll start with this," I say, "When I was younger I was kidnapped and raised by my capturer and our rogue pack. I didn't find out until a few days before my first shift." "Well, damn," he says shaking his head. "Yup," I say, "But it wasn't all bad. My guard Max was like my best friend and I got to help people." "Your turn," he says with a small nod. "What's your vampire's name?" I ask. "Dixon," he replies flashing his red eyes at me. "That's a cool name," I say with a small smile. "What's your wolf's name?" he asks grabbing my hand in his. "My wolf's name is Jena and my butterfly princess is Grace," I explain. 

... I hear an alarm go off and red lights start to flicker throughout the room. "What does that mean?" I ask looking over to Wren. "That there is someone uninvited on our territory," he says getting up from his chair and pulling me up with him. I sense some familiar scents and immediately know who it is. "Tell them to stand down," I say looking over at Wren. "Why?" he asks furrowing his eyebrows. "They're here for me, it's my old mate and my parents," I say looking out the window. "Your old mate?" he asks looking down at me before his eyes gloss over. 

... "I found him cheating on me and Jena rejected him before catching him and the slut on fire. That's when I left with Dale and all our things before meeting you guys," I explain shaking my head a little. "Is that what you didn't want to tell me earlier?" he asks as we walk out of his library. I nod my head and let go of his hand, "I have to deal with this and I can't let you guys get hurt if it comes down to it." "Well, I'm not going anywhere," he said taking my hand again and speeding us through the house and out to the yard. 

... I could feel them getting closer and each pound of their paws I felt my heart quicken. Soon you could see my parents' wolves and his lion pounding towards us. "Is that a lion?" Wren asks looking down at me. "Yes, my ex is half werelion, his known family is from the butterfly kingdom," I say looking up at him with worry. When they see me they head behind something before they all come back out in their human forms.

... I feel a breeze before noticing Edgar standing beside us. "What's going on?" Edgar asks looking at the both of us. "It's my parents and my ex, they came for me," I explain. "I can tell those are your parents but I was talking about between the two of you," he says looking at our intertwined hands. "He's my second chance mate," I say squeezing Wrens hand a little. "And she's my beloved," Wren says letting go of my hand and wrapping his arm around my waist. 

... I look back towards my parents and realize that Derek's body had scorch marks scattered all over it. "Will we need any backup?" asks Edgar. "We might, but she doesn't want anyone of us to get hurt," Wren says looking over at Edgar as I keep my eyes on the visitors. "Well, that makes sense, but nobody wants anyone to get hurt," Edgar says glancing at me before looking back to Wren. "My parents won't hurt me and if Derek tries then he will be the one to get hurt, I'm a royal making me much stronger than him," I explain looking at the two of them. They nod and I can feel my mother's angry aura getting stronger, I look back and realize they are much closer. 

... They stop a few feet in front of us, "Rylie Marie," I hear Taz's voice say. I step out of Wren's grasp and head to their little group. "What do you guys want?" I asked rolling my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at your father," I hear Macy say as they step closer to me. Derek's face was twisted into an angry facial expression but I should be the one that's angry. "We're here to bring you back home," Derek says with anger laced in his voice. "I'm not going anywhere with the likes of you," I say glaring at him. 

... I can hear Derek growl before the wind twirl because Wren and Edgar speed up beside me. "Who are they?" asks Taz. "This is Edgar the leader of this coven and Wren his son, who is also my second chance mate," I replied looking over to my dad. "So you've been here this whole time?" asks my mom. "Yes," I reply with a nod. "What do you mean your second chance mate?" Derek asks furrowing his brows and letting out a possessive growl. 

... "It's in the name you idiot. Mom, why did you bring this cheater?" I ask looking over at my mom. "He's not just your old mate but your guardian," she explains. "Well, I don't need a fucking guardian," I say spatting the word guardian at Derek like it was acid. "Watch your mouth," she says with a glare. "She doesn't need a guardian, I'm taking care of her just fine," says Wren wrapping his arm around my waist. The sparks from his touch help me calm down and my heart rate lowers. 

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&Thank you for reading. Please comment and vote. 

I'm sorry it has been a while since I updated it's just that I have been helping my dad since he got home from the hospital and haven't had time to write. 

Who likes the spicey meeting? What do you think will happen?

Bye my Pack!!!

---Truealphafemale21