I covered my mouth with my hands and looked at Alex wide eyed. What in the world??

"Wow." was all he said looking at my sides. I turned my head to my right ever so slowly, shaken up by what had just happened.

Then I saw them. Massive glass like things that were connected to.. my...my....back??!

All that shock made me jump out of my bed. I turned around like a dog trying to catch it's tail. I wanted to scream but my voice got stuck in my throat. Alex just watched me blankly the entire time, not knowing what his next move should be.

"Oh my goodness!! Wha...how...what are...when??!!" I was out of breath and I was panicking.

"Whoaaaa breathe. Mother!!!" he screeched. Just then my parents rushed into my chambers. My mother gave me a hug and helped me calm down.

"Nothing to be worried about, princess. They are your wings, an extremely significant part of you," my father explained.

"Oh my gosh!" I placed my hands on my cheeks. "How is this happening?! Things like this j...just happen?! I have wings?!" I shot the questions.

"Yes, sweetheart. Just like me. You remember the sudden pain on your back yesterday? Now you know the cause." Mama finished.

"Oh my goodness! I h..have, I have wings. They just grew out!! Oh gosh!" I frantically walked around my room with my so called wings dragging behind me. My reaction was making everyone nervous but who wouldn't react this way?!!

"What happens now?" I asked hesitantly while feeling my right wing for the first time. They were soft yet strong, resilient.

"Training continues. We must find out the extent of your powers. You just grow stronger and stronger everyday my child. I bet there's a lot more in you," my mother said eyeing my wings in awe. "But first, get some rest."

"H..how do I-"

"It's like any other body part, Aeval. They work as a second pair of hands, only difference is they have quicker impulse, high reflexes and they can also take you up to the sky." I gasped at my father's explanation.

I can...I can fly.

At that moment I willed them to stretch out. The results were immediate of course. Unfortunately, I underestimated their length and force so as they stretched out my right wing knocked down the small table beside my bed, shattering the beautiful glass vase that was on it.

"Sorry." I flinched.

"Just....rest. no more experiments for today," my father sighed. Alex snorted. "As if she's gonna listen."

"Wait! How do you fold your wings mama? When you wear your dress, it's like you don't have wings at all. How is that?" I suddenly remembered.

Moreover, did Queen Charlotte also have wings? If she did, how does she hide them?

I don't want to wear dresses or blouses that only come with a halter neckline.

"You can always hide them sweetheart. Just let your mind know that you're not in need of them and they will stick to your body like a second layer of skin. Your wings will look like tattoos plastered across your skin when not in use. That will take practice but you'll get it."

"Wow," honestly I was very excited. I couldn't wait for tomorrow. Walking towards my bed, I squealed.

"Rest Eve!"

A week later.

"Come on, you can do this." I motivated myself. Stretching my hands out to my precious creature, I closed my eyes and shared my energy with it. My palms began to glow and so did the broken part of the tree bark. This particular tree was almost eight hundred years old.