✨Epilogue✨

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Epilogue

The years after the Reverse Snap were peaceful

The years after the Reverse Snap were peaceful. More peaceful than I thought possible. Especially since the hunger for battle had been in my blood since I was a young child. But the years changed me just as they changed Steve. We both matured, separately and together as a couple. That battle-craving blood morphed into something completely new, and who were we to fight it?

We moved to Orveon after saying our final goodbyes to the Avengers and the general public in a small press conference. With promises of returning to stay updated with our friends, and threatening Loki to treat New Asgard right as their co-king, we were gone. Upon arrival, we stayed with my family until the sale for our house went through, and moved there with even more promises to visit my brother and parents, along with the news that they were planning on talking to Madame Teyla about child options.

The first year was the hardest, full of grasping the ropes of normal family life, and trying to recover from our separate and shared traumas. But slowly, we got the hang of it. Just in time to welcome our son into a new era of peace.

"Ejo, I'm home!"

"Where's your brother?" Looking up from my book, I met Elora's innocent gaze as she toed off her shoes at the front door.

"Outside with dad," she shrugged, dropping most her schoolbooks on the table, only keeping the ones she needed, "Something about a project for his Space Studies class. He wants to pick Earth to research."

"That's cheating. He can speak fluent English and visits once a month. He should research a planet he doesn't know as well."

"That's what I said when he told me about it! Now he's trying to get gysk on his side."

Chuckling, I pushed myself off the couch, leaving my book behind, "Your father favors Earth more than any other planet, but he's not one for cheating. Back on Earth he made a bunch of videos for the school systems about how cheating and partying and bla bla bla is bad. It was embarrassing but it paid the bills."

Elora nodded enthusiastically in agreement. Passing by her I stopped in the kitchen, humming to myself as I thought over what I could make for dinner.

"Why isn't gysk cooking tonight?" Elora sat on a barstool at the counter.

"We switched nights to shake things up a bit. Now go work on the homework I know you have so we can hang out later. It's family night, no excuses."

Groaning, Elora slumped off her chair and stalked off to her room upstairs. Rolling my eyes at the eleven-year-olds attitude, I pulled out all the ingredients I would need for the Orveonian dinner I thought of.