Chapter Thirty-Two✨Legacy

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 32 - Legacy

Every muscle, every tendon, every bone in my body was screaming in pain as I tried to move

Every muscle, every tendon, every bone in my body was screaming in pain as I tried to move. But I had never been one to follow my bodies wishes, especially when it tried to limit me in times of crisis. I was alive, and as far as I could tell, the baby was okay. The giant gold glow of a shield around me, and the warmth of the Talisman against my finger, made me thank Atreya. I had never been more thankful for my magic relic.

"(Y/n)? Thank god you're okay. Is everyone okay in there?" Tony helped me to my feet, a hand on the small of my back.

"Yeah, we're all good. The Talisman helped me out. Where's Steve?" I answered my own questions when my eyes landed on his semi-conscious form. Rushing over, I knelt down next to him, "Hey, Steve honey, you gotta wake up."

Steve groaned and pushed himself up. Tony knelt between us, holding Steve's shield, "You lose this again, I'm keeping it."

"What happened?" Steve gladly took back his favorite weapon.

"We messed with time. It tends to mess back. You'll see," Tony motioned for us to follow him. After a quick check-in with each other's well beings, we followed.

Thanos, likely from around 2014, was alive and well, sitting on a rogue stone in the middle of the rubble filled field. Thor was observing him closely. We weren't trying to hide ourselves either, but no one was starting the fight.

"What's he been doing?" Tony asked Thor.

"Absolutely nothing."

"What happened to the gauntlet?" I asked nervously. We couldn't let him undo everything we worked so hard to do.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is he doesn't have them."

"So we keep it that way."

"You know it's a trap, right?" Thor raised a brow.

"Yeah. And I don't much care."

"Good. Just as long we are all in agreement," Thor summoned both Stormbreaker and Mjolnir, "Let's kill him properly this time."

"You've said a lot of crap these past few days Thor, but for once I couldn't agree more," eagerly, I summoned my twin discs and jumped to the ground with the others.

Thanos waited patiently for us to approach, and when he deemed us close enough he spoke.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist."