Chapter Twenty-Four✨New York

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 24 - New York

"New York is one of the worst places you could have picked to go to

"New York is one of the worst places you could have picked to go to."

"I can shift into nearly any being in the universe. I'll be fine in New York for a day or two. It's been over a year since we went on that vacation for Varian's wedding, I need this."

"We never discussed two days."

"We just did. I'll be fine. Love you bye."

I hung up before Steve could continue the argument. He wanted to protect me, I understood that, but if he trusted me enough to travel to New York by myself, he should trust me to stay an extra night.

"This is it," I stared up at the tall building in front of me. The symbol displayed on the top-most window told me I was at the right place, "Time to fulfill my mission."

I lifted my hand and knocked on the sturdy door. Already having made it through all of the protective charms, they would have to answer the door.

"Who goes there?"

"You greet all your friends like that Stephen? Or has Wong rubbed off on you?"

"Little bit of both," Strange stepped aside to let me in, "What brings you here?"

"I need your help, and I want to pay my respects to the Ancient One. She told me what was going to happen."

"I prepared a shrine," Wong motioned for me to follow him, "It is for all the Ancient Ones that have passed."

"Thank you Wong."

It was a small room, lined with candles. In the center was a circle of chalk, magic consistently shimmering inside.

Slowly moving towards the circle, I knelt down and bowed my head. I reached inside my suitcase and pulled out a crystal the size of my hand. It was from my planet, fully charged and ready for use. Reaching forward I placed the crystal in the middle. The swirling light inside flashed rapidly until there was nothing left.

"Thank you for accepting my offering," I whispered to the empty room, "I hope your soul is resting well. Thank you for all your guidance. There are many things I wouldn't have been able to do without you."

I picked up my bag again and gave the magic circle one final bow of respect. It was short and sweet, but that was what the Ancient One would have wanted. There was no point in wasting time over what could have been.

Stepping out of the room I creened my head down either side of the hallway, searching for Wong or Strange so they could show me to a room I could stay in.