Chapter Nine✨Homesick

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 9 - Homesick

The sun was brighter than I wanted it to be when I woke up

The sun was brighter than I wanted it to be when I woke up. Groaning, I rubbed my eyes. Where was I? The hospital? SHIELD?

"I thought you died," Steve startled me, he was sitting in a chair at the side of the bed. His strong arms pulled me into a tight hug.

"Steve you're going to crack a rib. I don't have as many to spare." I groaned. Orveonians only had 20 ribs because they had an extra organ that assisted their bodies in shifting, "Where are we?"

"Sam Wilson's," Steve smiled, "Since everyone else we know is trying to kill us and all."

Steve held out a damp towel. I ran it over my face, hair, and a few other places caked in dust. Sam peeked his head in as I was putting the cloth in the laundry basket.

"Making breakfast, if you guys eat that kind of thing," the man chuckled.

I smiled happily, momentarily forgetting about my flashbacks. I stood up from the bed and stepped out of the room, almost immediately getting tackled into a hug by Nat.

"You shouldn't have done that you crazy wurn."

"You're using the word incorrectly. Sort of," I hugged back all the same, "I figured some stuff out too. I know the Winter Soldier."

Steve choked on air, Nat's mouth hanging open in shock. Sam didn't know what to do, but from Steve and Nat's reactions, whoever the Winter Soldier was, wasn't good.

"On that mission in Romania, the one with the blank spots, we assumed I got injured while getting information and got amnesia, but that wasn't it. The Winter Soldier drugged me, and tried to get information. But, I just talked to him, and I think I hit a chord because he let me go."

"The Winter Soldier doesn't just let people go," Nat scoffed.

"You got away with just a scar," I pointed out, "Whatever happened doesn't matter anymore. What does matter, is the fact that pretty much all of SHIELD is untrustworthy. Jasper Sitwell, the man from the Lemurian Star, he's the guy we want to interrogate."

"So, the real question is: how do the two most wanted people in Washington kidnap a SHIELD officer in broad daylight?"

"The answer is you don't," Sam dropped a file on the table in front of us, "Call it a resume."

"What did you use?" I looked through the file, there were a few mission outlines.

"You said you flew, not like a bird," Steve held up a picture.