Chapter Two✨Small Steps

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 2- Small Steps

A/n: When I say discs, I'm referring to the ones Doctor Strange uses

~*~

I stared out the window of the Quinjet, stuck in my own thoughts. The first was that my uniform felt nice and familiar. It had been given to me after a year with shield. The material was organic so it was supposed to shift with my body if the need arose. On top of that, it covered the majority of my skin as well.

Even though I always stayed in my human form, there was an underlying fear that I would randomly switch back into myself. Fury had seemed to have picked up on that and made my suit less risque than Nat's- who was much more comfortable with herself.

I looked over to the live stream of what was happening in Germany. That wasn't my Loki. The Loki who wrapped my battle wounds, who sent me a com crying after he found out he was a Jotun, and that he had been given the title of king- which he never wanted.

I had to find out what had happened to him between the destruction of the Bifrost and what was going on now.

The Quinjet flew over the gala Loki had crashed. The bottom doors opened and Steve and I jumped down. Steve held his shield up just in time to protect an elderly man from being shot.

"You know, the last time I was in Germany and saw a man standing above everybody else, we ended up disagreeing," Steve stated.

"The soldier. A man out of time," Loki's eyes travelled to me, "And the alien who wants to be human."

I scowled, throwing my hands out so my discs could revolve around them.

"I'm not the one who's out of time," Steve sent me a confused glance.

Nat swung down in the quinjet, guns trained on Loki, "Loki drop the weapon and stand  down."

I tugged on Steve's arm, making him bend down so I could whisper in his ear.

"Get the scepter, it's what is giving him so much power."

Loki raised said weapon and shot a bolt of power at the two of us. We dove away from each other to avoid it.

Steve ran towards Loki, throwing his shield in the process. I followed behind closely. The two of us stumbled a few times at first, almost hitting each other instead of Loki. But we eventually fell into a rhythm of offense and defense.

Steve was blown back from a shot, leaving me against Loki. I swung my discs rapidly, landing a few solid hits in the process.

"How ashamed your people would be to see you now. Their precious princess fighting. Not only in the physical sense, but fighting all of their ideals as well."