Chapter Eight✨Invisible Parasite

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 8 - Invisible Parasite

"Operations control

"Operations control."

The elevator beeped in recognition. Steve and I were extremely tense after what had just happened with Pierce. His rough hand found mine, entwining our fingers together. I sighed in relief. I was scared to initiate anything, even if we did talk through our argument.

Just as the doors were about to close, Rumlow and two other agents stepped inside.

"Forensics."

"Confirmed."

"Cap, Altovar," Rumlow nodded, acknowledging our presence, "Evidence Response found some fibres on the roof they want us to see. You want me to get the tac-team ready?"

"No, let's wait and see what it is first," Steve said casually, as if everything was okay.

I tapped my thumb on his hand a few times, pulling him down so his ear was right next to my mouth.

"Twitchy, hands on guns, theyre going to kill us," my voice was nearly inaudible, "Chuckle when I pull away."

I moved away from Steve a bit, smiling as he chuckled like I said something funny. Rumlow and the other two agents glanced at us, but didn't seem suspicious.

"I'm sorry about what happened with Fury. Messed up, what happened to him," Rumlow turned to us.

I bit the inside of my cheek, holding back my snarky comment. It was a normal royal technique. To hold back saying something you shouldn't, you bite your cheek.

"Thank you," Steve smiled slightly.

The elevator opened once again and a few more agents entered. At the point, Steve and I were entirely surrounded, in the center of everyone. After a shared look, I spoke up.

"Before we start, would anyone like to leave?"

The elevator became deadly silent. That was it, the breaking point. The man closest to the door threw his hand out. An electrified baton charged up. I jumpd backwards, slamming the man behind me into the glass. I kicked one of the men next to me behind his knees, causing him to fall. Someone gripped my sides and pulled me back. I swung my head into their face. Their head hit the glass of the elvator, cracking it. The last man that was focused on me found himself getting flipped into the glass, cracking it once again.

Sweat dropped down my temple, I tiredly lifted my hand to wipe it away. The only sounds in the elevator were Steve and I's panting. Steve turned off the emergency stop, only to see a SWAT team waiting for us. Steve swung and broke the elevator cord, dropping us down.