Chapter Twenty-Eight✨The Head

I don't own anything except any original/own characters and any original plot.

Chapter 28 - The Head

"A swen

"A swen. A swen... A karü. Elora ke Steve... yisel. A vust juh."

Ending the call with my parents I let out a tired groan, rubbing my eyes. Elora cooed from next to me, letting out a baby yawn. I smiled slightly, reaching out to let her play with my fingers. She was more active and curious than I assumed she would be, her human and Orveonian side blending together to create her excitable personality.

In the last 23 days, she was the only thing that brought me and Steve joy. There was nothing else to be happy about. We lost. The gravity of that was crushing, but true.

"What did they say?" Steve rubbed his freshly shaved chin. I reached out and ran my hand over the smooth skin. Steve grabbed my wrist gently, pulling my attention back to him, "Hey. What did they say?"

Shaking my head, I let out a quiet sob, falling into Steve's outstretched arms. Shoving my head into his shoulder, I muffled my cries in his shirt. If Elora figured out that I was upset, then she would cry too.

"Varian and Greer are gone, so are half of my people. The kings are gone and my parents feel as though they need one of their children to lead, not them."

"That means-"

"My parents want me to go home so I can rule in my brother's place. They want you and Elora to come along to show strength but..."

Steve pulled me closer, "I know. We'll figure this out. All of this."

Honesty was always the best policy, but deep down I knew Steve wasn't telling the truth. He wasn't sure what the future held, and without that reassurance, we couldn't figure things out.

Da da da da da.

Elora whined as the room shook. Steve and I shared confused looks, glancing out the window. Something was entering the atmosphere. Taking Elora out of her crib, I held her close as we rushed out of the room.

"You guys feel that too?" Nat questioned, meeting us in the hall.

"Yeah, something's coming. It's not Thanos. Go get the others," Steve ordered, pushing forward.

Following Steve, we stepped out of the facility and into the yard in the back. Nat, Bruce, and Rhodey were just behind us, staring at the ship landing- scratch that, being carried- in front of us.

The hatch opened, and Tony walked out with a blue woman supporting him. The closer she got, the more clear her identity became.

"You," I handed Elora off to Steve, summoning my discs, "You aren't welcome here."