• Jellal x reader •

May I

"(Name)..?" My mother sighed, knocking on my door as I stood alone on my balcony staring out at the streets beyond. I'm 18 now and still living with my parents, I don't know why.. I guess I never really left.
"Go away mum.." I muttered as I lay my head on my arms, staring up at the sky. "Why...where did you go..." I muttered again, hearing my mother open my bed room door. I grabbed my plush bear off the table beside me on my balcony and sighed, holding it up. "Jellal..."

-flashback-

"hey! (Name) let's go play!! Come on! I have a surprise!" A young boy with bright blue hair chuckled, running to the girl as her parents walked behind her.

"Huh?! Jellal I only just got here!" A little girl with (h/c) hair giggled as the boy grabbed her hand as her parents laughed. He dragged her past the door and into his room where a beautiful (f/c) teddy bear lay on the table. Jellal picked it up and smirked. Throwing it to her. "Huh? What's this?"

"Your birthday present!" Jellal placed his hands on his hips before he was bear hugged to the floor by the happiest little girl alive.

"YOU REMEMBERED?!" She screamed and hugged him tight, holding the bear between them.

-flashback end-

"Happy Birthday my sweet (name).." Those words echoed through my head as I stared into the bears bright eyes.
"Hmp.. Where are you now aye Jellal?" My eyes became blurred with tears as they fell down from my face and onto the hard wooden floor as the cold air blew my hair around. My faint smile faded as the moon shone down on me, the blue glow it left on my door reminded me of his hair, the red shirt I was wearing reminded me of his birth mark on his face and the cold reminded me of his warmth.

Suddenly the clock struck midnight as I sighed, laying down on the floor of my bedroom as the curtains from the balcony blew in the wind. 'KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK!' Was all I heard from downstairs as my dad shouted that he would get it. i stood at the top of the stairs and listened quietly...

"Hello?" My dad said opening the door.
"May I come in? I need to see (name)..." A man spoke! I recognised his voice perfectly but couldn't put face to sound.
"no, I'm sorry but she is busy.. Go away creep!" My mum shouted  about to slam the door when the man spoke up!
"Please! Don't let me go another minute without seeing her, you can stay and watch as I talk to her I just need to say hello.." I gasped as his face struck into my mind...Jellal!

"No! Go aw-"

"WAIT! JELLAL?!" I ran and stood in between my mum and dad at the door as they stared at me, the man had his hood up and his head facing towards the floor as tears dropped.

"(Name)." His head snapped up as my mum and dad gasped. His hood fell down as he took a step in. He stood in front of me and smiled. "im sorry for taking so long to get back.."

"Where have you been! I've been so worried! I thought you were dead!" My eyes flooded with tears once again as he fell to his knees.

"Let me raise you up...let me be your love.." Jellal stared at the floor as one knee came forward and his hand was placed on his heart. "May I hold you, as you fall to sleep...may I love you? May I be your shield.. When no one can be found, may I lay you down..?" I stared down at him as my heart beat sped up. "All I want is to keep you safe, from the cold, to give you all that your heart needs the most. All that's made me, is all worth trading just to have one moment with you. So I will let go, with all that I know knowing that your here with me, for your love is changing me!" More tears fell from Jellal's eyes as he smiled at the floor, my parents gasped as he stood again, "May I love you..? May I be your shield..?"
"Jellal.." His embrace wrapped around me like a force field as he cried onto my shoulder.
"May I..?" I pulled away and staring into his eyes as my head reached up to wipe a tear away. I stood on my tip toes and held him close as our lips collided.
"Wouldn't I be a fool if I said no?" I giggled, kissing him again as he smiled.
"well, you two have fun!" My parents pushed us to the stairs as we blushed.
"I've missed you.." We both said in unison.

———————

from- devianart
credit- Vanitasluver123