• Natsu x Dying! reader

Fiery Hot Medic

"(Y/n)? You okay?" Natsu asked, gazing at your wrapped wound. He ventured his fingertips along your bandage. This caused you to wince. You were wounded in magic battle against the dark guild, Eseinwald and there was some jerk wizard that had placed a blood curse on you.

"Yeah," You grimaced mentally. Your arm was severely injured when you were in battle against the dark guild, Eienswald.

"Are you sure?" Erza's persistent voice pressed on you. She was giving off a very negative aura and it made you tremble in fear despite your wound.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm sure!" You squeaked, your voice hinted a dash of fear. The more Erza pressed on you, the more nervous and intimidated you got. Your intimidation took on the form of your hand and literally squeezed your injured arm. It was bleeding majorly and droplets of blood came out of the gauze bandage you made for your wound. Minor nausea spun your vision slightly. You lost your footing and stumbled upon Grey.

"We seriously need to go get medic," Gray solemnly muttered, heaving your weight with his shoulder. He ,then, transitioned your weight to piggyback. With more pain searing up your arm, you cringed as tears moistened your closed eyes.

"You know I should the one carrying (Y/n)," Natsu frowned, crossing his arms in disappointment.

"We don't have time for this petty nonsense," Erza scoffed in disgust. Your weakened form, your dulled (e/c) eyes and hastened breathing indicated that your condition was worsening. Natsu trekked to your right hand side and looked at you. His hyperactive attitude faded to a sympathetic expression. This made you look up. Normally, Natsu was very hyper, rarely made a solemn face unless he was in a very critical situation. Natsu smiled widely and tucked in your (h/c) hair behind your ear.

"Don't worry, (y/n)! We'll find a medic to fix you. Just hold on with us, okay?" He chirped, giving you a thumbs-up. You smiled meekly, acknowledging Natsu's attempt to cheer you up. Exhaustion slowly took you in but Gray's voice snapped you up.

"Don't you dare go to sleep, (y/n). We'll need you alive once we return to our guild," He reminded, heaving you up, an attempt to prevent you from sleeping.

"Like hell, I won't! Geez, all of you worry too much!" You said, sticking out your tongue teasingly.

"That's our (y/n)!" Happy commented affectionately, the cute cat flew by and landed on your shoulder. You gushed , smiling at the cat.

~~~~~~~~Timeskip~~~~~~~~~~
All of you returned back to Mangolia safe and sound but your health was depriving. Moist blood moistened your makeshift bandage, your breathing quickened to raspy pants and you were about to pass out. Gray, who was still carrying you, brisked as quickly as he could to the Fairy Tail Guild Building. Natsu was behind you. Pedestrians had alarmed expressions after they had seen your injured state.

"Make way!!" Natau hollered, ahead of Gray. The passerby obliged and made way for the running man and his injured passenger. The pink-haired teenager finally reached his destination and kicked down the front door of the guild building.

"We're back and we need medic!" Natsu declared as he entered the room. Wizards gasped at your wounded form resting on Gray's back. Your blood leaked out of your bandage, causing some people to faint. Your head began to ache more, nausea knocked in and your vision became more worse. You felt your grip loosening on Gray and your strength sapping away from your physical body.

"N--N-Nat-su.." You rasped, the only two syllables you could blurt out before you lost consciousness.

"(Y/N)!" Natsu caught your limp form before you had hit the ground.

"Don't you dare die on us, (Y/N)." He had whispered in your ear, a hint of compassion in his words. He covered his eyes in which was moist from tears.

"It's no use, Natsu," Erza remarked soberly, slightly saddened. She frowned even more when she saw your chest heaving slower.... Slower.... then stopped. The red-headed woman shed a tear.

"Is the Great Erza crying?!" Happy gasped in disbelief. Some wizards in the crowd gasped along with Happy.

"I was not! Now, we're going to have bury (Y/N) here," Erza retorted, poison tinging her voice. Natsu had enough. Flames danced around his fists and he was mad.

"(Y/N) is not dead; she is still alive. Even though she's not breathing, she is still alive....." He blushed a light hue of pink when he had stated this. Erza sighed in irritation.

"Fine. If you want to prove that (y/n) is still alive, prove it. I have no time to deal with such nonsense," She dismissed the conversation. Soon, everyone went on with their business and never minded Natsu. He was isolated, crying, and yearned for you to be alive. Despite his mourning, he noticed your body temperature dropping and your skin paling to a very unhealthy white.

No, don't die on me, (Y/N). His fear clawed his heart. In this situation, he had use his last resort. It's seems embarrassing but I don't want (Y/N) to die, He thought. The pink-hair teenager leaned in to your sleeping face. He was blushing a tomato red. Dammit! I don't know if I should do this! He sweatdropped and gazed at your lips. He gulped and kissed you. By the kiss, you regained consciousness and woke up to a kiss by Natsu. Blinking, you, at first, thought it was a dream but as your vision refocused, you realized and smacked Natsu's face when he broke apart the kiss.

"Baka!" You shrieked, pushing Natsu off you. Your cheeks were heating up. You hid your blush with your arm.

"What? You didn't like that? Sheesh, show some appreciation for your 'fiery hot' nurse!" Natsu feigned mock disbelief. As he had pouted, you saw a blush creeping in his cheeks.

" 'Fiery hot' nurse? You're kidding me?" You crossed your arms.

"Nope!" Natsu flexed his muscles, earning a blush from you.

"Come here, you!" You leaned to Natsu, giving him a kiss in the lips.

————————

from- Devianart

Credit- cinnabunny2002