五。毒的聖餐杯

Magsimula sa umpisa

"For starters," Victoire muttered, crossing her hands across her chest, "they should be calling the damn place Hades College for rich troubled teens. I have not met one average wealthy-person in the entire school. Everyone is filthy rich, spoilt and disgustingly obnoxious."

"And violent," Jason added. "Very violent, which is where we fit in. Well, Victoire anyways. I just pranked a teacher very badly, you know old Mr Martin? Geography class?"

"Who doesn't?" She replied with a shrug. "So you pranked the dude and got send to a school for wealthy delinquents?"

"Well, I feel like it was more of the solution for Jason's previous pranks, which involved setting off a dung bomb in the middle of Maths. I was sent off after kind of punching a bitchy- sorry- girl in the face," Victoire drawled, blinking. "Jason got sent halfway through last year, I got sent at the beginning of this school year. You know how mom and dad are."

And she did. The McHills were never particularly good parents. When James and Jack turned 13, they practically raised their siblings. Connor and Alicia were distant, constantly at work. She could tell they loved their kids, but parenting-wise, they completely failed. The McHills were half-raised by their friends' families, like Livia's, or the many nannies and workers around the McHill house. There was a small discussion on sending them to Scotland, where their grandparents owned a huge manor, but they eventually demolished the idea. Then Livia was glad, now, not so much.

Livia flashed a smile. "Any good friends?"

Both nodded. "A few," Jason replied. "I feel like most of them are a bit too extreme, so Victoire fits right in. I'm in the more pristine crowd. Like the other kids whose parents freaked out over the smallest shit- sorry, Toire- and got sent there."

"So are you both generally enjoying it there?"

Two nodding heads. Livia's heart was released from the weight of a heavy slab of stone she didn't even know was there to begin with, and she smiled.

"That's good, now how about we play that Mortal Kombat game?"

*

The occasional car driving by the house was a lullaby, urging her to sleep at this soulless hour, but Livia had a mission.

To write at least three chapters for her sequel.

Only her desk lamp was turned on, and she hadn't bothered turning on the illumination for the entire room. Pamela would be able to see the smallest slit of light from her side of the room, and she'd question it, being the little snitch she was. Fingers flying around her keyboard, occasionally stopping to take a sip of the tea she had prepared herself before "sleeping", Livia finally transferred the words that had been swirling around her head for days. Her eyes burned from the monitor's light, which suddenly felt searing and painful, but she continued on. Tomorrow morning, she wouldn't have the ideas anymore, lost in slumber and the never-ending lake of laziness.

Sometimes, Holly wondered why. Why no one accepted her, why she was seen as such a strange person, what was so different with her to begin with? She was the same as everyone else, the same hopeful heart yearning for a brighter future.

The electronic clock on her screen turned midnight, and Livia barely gave it a second glance. She didn't plan on sleeping tonight, she had enough of that the day before. The average person could still live after eleven days of rest, and hallucination only starts at around the third and forth. She'll be fine.

But maybe it's not her purpose on this world, maybe she was meant to be the outcast, to watch all her "friends" and peers cheer and laugh and her, the eternal wraith, trying to understand what they laughed about. What made them happy.