50. Epilogue

7 years later...

Zach's p.o.v.

I heard the door click open and immediately turned my attention towards it. In ran my beautiful six year old daughter, Sara.

"Daddy!! Daddy!! Daddyyy!!" She excitedly yelled, leaping in to my arms. I giggled, holding her tight and kissing her cheeks.

"There's my little princess!" I cooed. Behind her, Madeleine walked in. I softly smiled at her, placing Sara down and walking over to her. "Hey Maddie" I greeted, giving her a hug. She smiled, hugging back.

Jack bounded down the stairs, looking for Sara. Once Sara saw Jack, she gasped. "Daddy!" She exclaimed, leaping into his arms. Jack spun her around as she giggled. "There's my beautiful baby girl!" He exclaimed, his arms wrapped tightly around her. "I missed you this week!" Jack said, still not putting Sara down. "I missed you too daddy! But I drew you something at school!"

Sara jumped down out of Jack's arms and can to Maddie. "Mommy, show daddy what I drew him!" Sara excitedly giggled. Maddie laughed, pulling a drawing out of the small pink backpack she was holding.

Maddie handed Jack a picture of him and Sara on skateboards. Jack's eyes began to water as he looked at the badly drawn picture. " That's so sweet baby, I love you" he said, bending down and giving Sara a hug.

Maddie walked over to Zach. "There's one for you too." She handed Zach a picture of him and Sara, where she was sitting on Zach's lap, playing his guitar. Zach smiled softly. "Do you like it daddy?" Sara asked sweetly from across the room. "Thank you baby, it's beautiful."

Maddie pulled Zach aside for s moment. Hey Zach, I know that I'm supposed to have Sara next week and you the week after, but I've been saving up for a while to take her to Disney world, is it ok if I have her for an extra week?" Maddie asked in a soft tone.

"Of course Maddie, Sara is going to be so excited to spend some more time with you. We've all been so proud of you since you got this amazing new job. Ever since Sara came into this world, you've really brought your life together... and you did it for Sara, because you love her."

Maddie smiled, hugging me. Sara bounded over to the two of us. "Mommy, mommy! Watch this mommy!" Sara did a weird trick with her hands that Jack must have taught her. Sara smiled proudly.

After spending an hour or so all together, Maddie had to leave for work. "Bye honey, I love you. I'll see you next week, ok sweetie?" Sara nodded, smiling. "And remember" Maddie sternly said, pointing at me and Jack. "She needs to do her homework. I don't want another call from the school telling me she was too busy learning to play guitar with her daddies so she could be the sixth member of Why Don't We to do her math homework!"

Me and Jack chuckled. "Ok, we promise. Homework comes first!"

Maddie smiled, walking out the door. I picked Sara up and we all watched Maddie leave. We all waved.

I closed the door, putting Sara down. "Where are auntie Christina and uncle Corbyn?" She asked stubbornly, placing a sassy hand on her hip. "With the wedding planner" Jack replied dismissively, walking over to the fridge to put up Sara's new artwork.

"They can't decide on a cake" I told her sympathetically. "Christina wants chocolate but Corbyn says no because he knows Daniel won't like it. But anyways, there's more important things!" I stated, following Jack into the kitchen.

"Now, what do we say about some ice cream!" I happily suggested. Sara cheered as I excitedly ran over to the cupboard, getting out three bowls. "Just don't tell mommy!" I whispered, putting a finger over my lips. Sara nodded solemnly, putting a finger over her lips to indicate her agreement to this vow of silence.