32. His and hers

Jack's p.o.v.

We both stood there, hand in hand, scanning the rows of lube in the small shop we were in.

"Ooh, how about this one?" I asked, grabbing a "his and hers" lube package off of the shelf. I turned to Zach who was frowning at me. "What exactly are you trying to say here...". I tried to suppress a laugh. "If I were you, Jack Avery, I would approach this very carefully!" He said, letting go of my hand and crossing his arms.

"Ok, ok, message received" I chuckled. I put it back on the shelf before looking for a different one. Scanning my eyes over the small selection, I finally found one. "Ah, perfect" I said, grabbing it. Zach peered over to read it. "Big spoon little spoon".

Zach sighed but nodded his head. "At least it's a little less degrading and embarrassing." I smiled at him.
"You know I would've given you the "his" tube and given myself the "hers" tube, right?" I asked. He looked down and blushed. "Really?" He asked. I laughed at him and kissed his forehead. "Right, let's head to checkout." I said, walking over to the till.

At the till was  young male, no older than 20, with dark blonde hair and blue eyes. He smiled at us as we approached. "Hello lads, how can I help ye lot today?" He asked.

I placed down the lube and a phone charger. Since Zach didn't have his phone and I didn't have a charger, my phone was the only form of communication we had with the boys, and we'd need to be getting back soon.

As the guy picked up the lube, Zach's cheeks went red with embarrassment.

"So, you lads picking up birds tonight?" He asked, with a grin on his face until he paused and saw what it said. "His and his?" He read out, before finally clicking. "Oh my god, yous two are bent? Not that being bent is a bad thing! 'Course not! Me best mate is bent, I swear! I'm sorry it didn't click, I'm so stupid."

"No, it's fine" I said, hoping he'd calm down. To be honest, I didn't understand half of what he was on a about. English people are rather odd if you ask me.

"Charlie's gonna have such a go at me when he finds out I practically harassed a pair of innocent homosexual civilians!" He facepalmed. "Oh, sorry. Charlie's me best mate, the gay one."

"That's quite alright," I looked at his name tag. "Dan". It's not a problem."

He smiled at us. He began scanning out two items. "So what are your names?" He asked, trying to make conversation.

"I'm Jack and this is Zach."I responded, squeezing Zach's hand. He smiled at me, a tint of red still evident on his cheeks. "Fam, that's bare cute, innit? Cause your names n' that?"

I chuckled. "Yeah, I guess it is" i said, smiling at Zach. He rested his head on my shoulder.

"Alright, that'll be 15 pounds for the charger" he said, putting our items in a bag. "And how much for the, erm..."

"Oh, no, that's on me. It's the least I can do after I done you like that." He said, handing me the bag. "Thanks" I said, handing him some money. I took Zach's hand and walked him out of the small shop.

When we were finally outside, Zach let out a sigh of relief. I giggled. "Zachy, are you embarrassed about buying lube?" I said teasingly. His cheeks went dark red. "No..." he muttered. I laughed and pulled him in to a kiss.

It was only 10 in the morning, still dewy and cold under the grey sky. "Come on, let's get back to the hotel" I whispered into his ear, wrapping my arm around him.