37. A thing called love

Zach's p.o.v.

I felt a warm presence beneath me, the light rise and fall of a chest as he took breaths. I fluttered my eyes open, looking around. The room was dark, with just a hint of light coming through the edge of a drawn curtain, and the remaining flicker of the odd candle.

I looked up, seeing Jack sound asleep. I left my head on his chest and my arm wrapped around his torso for a little longer, dreading the moment I'd have to leave this perfect point in time.

I buried my head deeper into his chest, a need to be closer to him. He radiated a subtle warmth, a comforting warmth.

Slowly, he he stirred, beginning to be drawn from his peaceful rest. He shifted, slowly waking.

Lifting his free arm, he rubbed his eyes, attempting wake up a little. He looked over to see what was occupying the other. It was me, nuzzled into his chest with his arm around me.

He smiled down at me, a look of love in his eyes. I blushed underneath his gaze, suddenly becoming insecure about my morning looks. I knew he was examining every inch of my face, noticing every detail. "You're perfect" he whispered, placing a soft kiss on my forehead. It was as if he could hear my every thought.

My cheeks turned a deeper shade of scarlet at the thought. It would be awful if he could hear what I say in my mind. Heck, every time I'm around him my head goes crazy, as thoughts of admiration and love for him rush through.

"You ready to go down to breakfast?" He asked. I hummed in response, still lost in my daze of  thought.

He retracted from the sheets, his warmth seeping out. I sighed at the absence of his presence and curled up underneath the sheets.

As I heard the shower running and steam wafting out from the bathroom, and idea sprung to mind. I smirked to myself, lifting my body out of bed and walking in to the bathroom. I heard music loudly playing from outside.

In there, I heard Jack singing in the shower. I suppressed a chuckle.

"CAN'T EXPLAIN ALL THE FEELINGS THAT YOU'RE MAKING ME FEEEEL,"

He shaked his head up and down, lost in the music. It took everything in me to not burst out laughing and blow my cover. This was definitely something I did not want to miss.

"MY HEART'S IN OVER-DRIVE AND YOU'RE BEHIND THE STEERING WHEEL!"

He vigorously shook his head to the beat of the song, his wet curls bouncing around.

"TOUCHING YOU, HO-OOOOOOOO,
TOUCHING ME, HE-EEEEEEEEEEEEEE,
TOUCHING YOU, YEAH, YOU'RE TOUCHING ME!!"

Noticing the chorus was coming up, I took the opportunity and hopped into the shower, behind back and belted the next line.

"I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOVE,
JUST LISTEN TO THE RHYTHM OF MY HEART!"

Jack, startled, spun around to face me. "Ah shit you scared me-" he began. I placed my lips on his, silencing him. He smiled at me, slowed down in the moment until I spoke out.

"Quick, we're missing the chorus!!" I complained. He giggled, preparing to sing the next up coming line with me.

"I BELIEVE IN A THING CALLED LOOOOOVE, WHOOOOO"

We belted out at the top of our lungs. We both collapsed in fits of laughter, unable to hold ourselves together.

"Wow, that was really something..." Jack gasped out through laughs. "We may have sounded awful, but it was amazing!" I replied, giggling.

This was a fluff filler, but amazing Donah chapter coming soon ;)