36. Sweet taste

Zach's p.o.v.

I ran up to what I could only assume was mine and Jack's room; it was the only door on the floor.

Note in hand and a happy smile on my face, I knocked on the door, eager excitement taking over me.

Yes, if you were wondering, I did in fact write Jack a love letter. It may seem cheesy, but I didn't know how else to let him know how much he means to me. 

Sometimes words are just not enough; not substantial to hold the volume and sentimental weight of our feelings of love, and expression through thoughts can best be conveyed when you pour your heart out onto a page.

I was brought out of my (far too ambitious and beyond my own knowledge) thoughts by the sight of the door opening from in front of me.

I hid the letter behind my back, grinning as Jack's beautiful presence came into view. Looking past him, I noticed it seemed quite dim from within the room, as far as I could tell. He smiled sweetly, stepping to the side to let me in.

As I stepped in and allowed my eyes to adjust to the darkness, a gasp escaped my lips. I looked around the room, noticing how amazing it looked.

Lit candles were placed all around the room, giving off a warm glow, and crimson rose petals were scattered across the room, and the massive bed in the centre. In the back round, a low, romantic song was quietly playing. Not loud enough to disturb the sound, but loud enough to set the mood and atmosphere.

For a moment I had wondered if Jack had found the room like this, or if he had somehow managed to do this all himself. My eyes landed on a discreet trail of rose petals. I followed it, eventually noticing it ended at Jack's bag, kicked into the corner of the room.

So he DID do this all by himself.. I thought to myself. My heart swelled at just the thought of it. I can't believe Jack actually did all this for me.

I know it sounds sad, but I never thought that anyone would ever love me enough to do something so nice and thoughtful for me...

This only made me realise, for about the millionth time today, how lucky I was to have Jack. He was the love of my life, And I never wanted to let him go. He was it for me, he was special, he was the one.

I tucked the note into my back pocket, realising now wasn't the time. I didn't want to do anything to disrupt this wonderful moment.

I turned around to Jack, my gaze falling upon his proud smile. "Do you like it..?" He asked, his tone quite shy.

A smile swept across my face. "I love it" I responded, making my way over to him. "And I love you." I whispered to him, before lacing my fingers around his neck and pulling his lips to mine.

I loved the sweet taste of his soft, buttery lips. They were something I'd never stop craving.

As we pulled away from the kiss, two massive smiles on our faces, Jack took my hand and led me to the bed.

I sat down on the edge, pulling him on to me. He laughed, wrapping his arms around my neck so that they rested on my shoulders.

"Oh, actually, there is one thing I found here that I thought was interesting" he said, standing up and walking over to the bedside. I noticed on it a bucket of ice, with a bottle of champagne in it.

Jack pulled out two slim champagne glasses, taking the bottle out from the bucket. He set the glasses down and focused his attention on getting the cork off the bottle. Something must've gone wrong though, because when he finally got the cork out, the contents of the bottle ended up going all over him.