12. Half the truth

(recap of last chapter) Jack's p.o.v.

I sit up in my bed, on the brim of a great thought. I looked over to my stand next to my bed and grabbed my phone, looking through my contacts, before I spot the name I had been looking for. I stare at it for a minute, contemplating, my finger hovering over the call button. I make up my mind, calming myself through nervous shaky breaths, before finally pushing it. It rings twice before I hear a voice.

Hey, Jack?

Hey..

-

Jack

"hey, Jack?"

"Hey.. vanessa."

"Haha, long time no speak.                                                                                                                                 We haven't talked since we met.                                                                                                                 Looks like someone might have forgot to text me."

"Oh, yeah, I'm really sorr-"

"Jack, don't worry, I was just joking."

"Oh, right, yeah... well, I know this is a bit odd, but do you maybe wanna come over? I'll send you my address."

"Yeah, sure! That sounds fun. Lets just hope you're not an axe murderer."

"Great! That's great! So... I'll see you in about an hour or so?"

"Yep. Unless you live half way across the ocean, that one might take me a while."

I laughed at her dry joke. She wasn't funny, but she was sweet. There was a long awkward pause, so I tried to subtly end the conversation.

"Ok, well, I guess I'll send you my adress and see you when you get here."

"Sure thing, Jack. Bye!"

"Bye..."

I hung up and sighed. I wanted to believe my plan would work, even if deep down I knew it wouldn't. I was eager to see Vanessa, so I decided to go downstairs and wait on the couch.

On the way there, I walked past Zach's room and heard giggling. If Zach was gonna be happy with a GUY, I should be that guy. It wasn't fair! I was in love with him, I would die for him! He didn't even love me back, but he would love Jonah?!

I peered in through the tiny crack from Zach's almost closed door. I saw Jonah kneeling by Zach's bed. I couldn't clearly see what he was doing, but it looked like he was...

TAKING ZACH'S PANTS OFF!?!?!??! HOW FUCKIND DARE HE!!!!! THAT'S MY MANS YOU HOE! GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM HIM HOENAH!!!!!! SO WHAT EXACTLY ARE YOU TWO, FUCK BUDDIES!?!?!?!?!

I stormed away in anger. My blood boiled at the certain confirmation of their intimate relationship. I couldn't stand the thought of it, let alone THE SIGHT OF IT!

Hatefully flopping on to the couch, I folded my arms while mentally scolding Hoenah. How fucking dare that little bitch even think of going NEAR my precious little-

My thoughts were cut off by the two clambering down the stairs. My mind suddenly went blank and my face softened as I saw Zach, the smallest, most innocent little gum drop.