42. Love waits

So why cover up your flaws,
When they make you who you are?
All I'm tryna say is don't change...

Zach's POV

"Can I open my eyes now?" I asked giggling. "Not yet" Jack responded, an excited tone in his voice. I heard a key enter the door to what I was assuming was our hotel room. Jack took me by the hand and guided me inside. I heard the door shut behind us.

"Can I open them now?" I asked, desperate to see whatever Jack had planned. "Wow, you are so impatient" he chuckled. "But ok, you can open them now!"

I took in a deep breath, suddenly nervous. Slowly, I opened my eyes. The room was dim, just a few flickering candles here and there. Just as our last hotel room together, this one too was beautifully set up. The room looked absolutely amazing.

I turned to Jack, a massive smile on my face. For a moment, I just stood there, taking the sight of him in. My perfect boyfriend... inside and out. He might not think he's a perfect person, but... he's perfect to me. I broke the comfortable silence. "You know, there's not one thing I would change about you?" I asked, walking over to him. I grinned as I wrapped my arms around his neck. "Not a single thing" I repeated softly.

I leaned my head in towards him so thst our noses were only inches apart. "Promise me one thing Jack Avery" I whispered lightly against his lips. "Hmm?" He hummed in response.

"Dont change" I whispered. "Every single part of you is just right. All your imperfections and all your flaws are perfections. Do you know why that is?" I asked him. He shook his head no. "It's because all of those flaws make you the man that you are. They make you the man that I love. Iove you for you. All of you. Everything that you are."

I let my lips linger there for a few moments, lightly brushing against his, before slowly closing the final gap of distance between us. I pulled away gently, a massive smile on my face as I leaned my forehead onto Jack's. I fluttered my eyelids closed, savouring moments like these that I got to experience with the love of my life.

"I love you.." I whispered to Jack. He pulled away from our position, a soft smile on his face.

"My gosh" he muttered. "How did i get so lucky?" He asked, placing a hand on my cheek. I blushed as his thumb caressed my cheek, grazing past my soft skin.

I pulled his hand away from my face, using my hold on him to pull him down onto the bed. Just as we were falling down onto it, he spun us round, so that he ended up falling down first, and I ended up on top of him, collapsed onto his chest. We both giggled, laughing at how silly we were. I placed a hand on his chest as our laughter died down, sighing. A sudden thought was brought to mind.

I thought back to the very first day where this had all started. Not the first day that I met him and fell in love with him, but the day where the journey of us had began. The day he found my letter. It had started so perfectly. Me and Jack together...
I remember how that he was teaching me how to skateboard.

I remember how he fell to the ground, and by some sort of luck I had fallen on top of the poor boy. I also remember the feelings I felt in that moment...

I ran up and crashed in to Jack. As we both fell to the ground laughing, I found myself on top of him, my hand against his chest. I looked in to his eyes as he looked deeply in to mine, and all I could think about was kissing his soft, luscious, sweet lips.

I let the memory drift away as I brought myself to the here and now. The present. In this moment now more than ever, it makes sense why they call it the present, because this moment here right now with Jack, is a gift.