Crying Is All I Feel Like Doing

Chapter 23

Liam's POV

        I've been sitting in traffic for almost an hour and I'm finally about to pull into the hospital parking lot. I  park the car and enter the hospital with Louis. In the lobby, I see a tired and stressed Zayn and a broken Harry. I don't think I've ever seen them look as sad as they do now. They don't notice Louis and I stand there until Louis clears his throat. I'm the first one to speak up. "Hey Zayn. Hey Harry." Zayn says hi to both of us and Harry nods. "I was wondering if Louis and I can visit Niall alone for a bit because we haven't seen him at all yet?" Both of them nod and Louis and I get the elevator to go up to Niall's room. Louis and I get to Niall's room, which is 408, and we're shocked by what we see.

        Niall is hooked up to several tubes, including a feeding tube. He's extremely pale and looks like all of the life as been sucked out of him. I barely recognize the Irish lad. Louis has tears in his eyes and I can feel my eyes watering up as well. Louis squeezes my hand and we walk in Niall's room. Niall is asleep, but he starts to wake up when he hears us entering. He smiles a bit when he see us and says "Hi Louis. Hi Liam." "Hey Niall." Louis and I say in unison. "How are you guys?" Louis says "We're okay. How are you feeling Niall?" Niall sighs and says "I could be a lot better to be honest. Harry and Zayn have been keeping me company non stop these past couple of days, which makes me feel less lonely." Louis starts to cry and says "Niall, I'm so sorry we haven't been there for you as much as Harry and Zayn." Niall motions for Louis to come to him and he pats his head to calm him down. "Louis it's okay." "No Niall, it's not okay. You need us and we haven't been there for you like we should be." "Louis, you're here now. That's all that matters to me."

        I finally speak up after a few minutes of being silent. "Niall I have a question for you." Niall sits up a bit and asks "What's the question?" "Niall, has Harry told you yet about what's wrong with you?" Niall's lip starts to quiver. "No Liam he hasn't. What's... wrong with me?" I know now that I've said too much and that Niall's freaking out. "I'm sorry Niall I shouldn't have mentioned it. I think Harry should be the one to tell you. I'm going to call him to come up here right now because you two need to talk about this in private." Niall nods and says "Okay Liam." I step in the hallway and dial Harry's number. Harry picks up on the third ring. 

        "Hey Liam. What's up?" "Harry you're probably going to kill me, but I accidently leaked out that we all know what's wrong with Niall." "Why the HELL would you do that?" My voice cracks when I say "I don't know. It slipped out and I told him that you would come up and talk to him about it." Harry sighs and says "Give me 5 minutes and I'll be up there. In the meantime, don't tell Niall anything else. Have I made myself clear?" "Yes Harry, you've made yourself crystal clear." I hang up the phone and wait for Harry to come upstairs. I can't, but think about how shattered Niall is going to be in just a short while. I sit down outside of Niall's room and put my head in my hands and just cry, because that's all I feel like doing right now.

Hope you guys liked this chapter. :) -Mary