Midnight Snack?

It was dark, pitch black. There was nothing around her. Laura looked around, confused.

"Hello?" She called out into the absolute nothingness. It wasn't until she felt a sharp and all too familiar pain in her neck shock her harshly. She screamed in fear. She was used to the pain but she was scared as to what it meant.

"It's lovely to see you again, girl." The words almost dripped venom as Haggar's voice was heard. Her cold and bitter voice made Laura tremble. "You thought you were free? How sad. I can promise you that as long as I live, you won't be free."

Finally, the electricity stopped. Laura looked over at Haggar while she was on the floor. "Why are you doing this?" She groaned.

Haggar's glowing eyes pierced into Laura's, her voice suddenly becoming more cold and frigid. "Child, you and your little friends are fighting a war that they cannot win. You will try your hardest and give your all, but even so it will not be enough. No matter what, you will fail."

As Haggar moved closer, Laura noticed a smile grow on her face. "Dear child, you and your friends will end up dead no matter what you try. So why not have the deed be done and save us all a bit of time?" And with those words, screams pierced Laura's ears.

Each one louder than the last. She could recognize each one. First, Allura and Coran, then Keith, then Hunk, Pidge, Shiro, and Lance.

It was too much. She turned around to face Haggar but instead of seeing her, she saw a battlefield. Dead bodies littered the ground.

A distant voice called her name, she couldn't help but turn to look at who it belonged to, only to be met with the sight of her lion bolting right towards her at full speed.

Her eyes widened, her heart raced, her mind was screaming. She could only hear the voice clearly until she recognized who the voice belonged to;

Shiro.

~

"LAURA!"

With that, her eyes snapped open to see Shiro.

"Shiro? What the hell?" She groaned softly as she sat up only to notice she was in Shiro's arms, bridal style. He smiled down at her with that golden boy smile she knew all too well.

"I walked into the kitchen to find you standing next to the counter, staring off into space. I called your name a bit and you just collapsed, thank God I caught you in time or you wouldn't have woken up so nicely." He chuckled softly as he helped her up and get steady.

"What happened?" He asked once Laura stood on her own. In response, she merely shrugged.

"I dunno. I had a pretty freaky dream.." She sighed softly. Before she could explain, Shiro held her hand gently and looked at her with a soft expression.

"How about we get you something warm to drink and then you tell me about it. I'll make us some tea." He suggested as he went to get some cups and make the tea.

Laura smiled at him and went to the pantry, hoping to also find something to munch on since she was a bit hungry as well as slightly  traumatized from her terrifying dream.

~

"So the last thing you saw was your lion racing towards you?" Shiro asked as Laura sipped her tea. She nodded as she poured herself another cup as she had finished her third cup.

"I feel like this might have something to do with Haggar's connection to the white lion. She could have gone into your mind using her connection to the white lion." Shiro murmured softly.

"What do you think about all of this-" he stopped when he saw Laura was passed out, asleep on the table. She snores slightly, completely out of it.

Shiro smiled as he got up and picked her up. He carried her to the rooms where they slept in and took her to her room. He held her effortlessly with one arm as he undid the sheets and laid her in bed.

He then covered her and turned to leave.

"Shiro?" A soft voice called out. Shiro turned and saw her eyes open just barely, her arm reached out towards him. "Stay with me.." she mumbled, he could only just understand her.

A soft blush covered his face but he obliged. He was glad they were both in pajamas as he got in bed with her, keeping his distance but only until she basically wrapped herself around him that his face burned bright red.

"Good night, amor..." she murmured. He smiled, hoping she said 'love' in Spanish and not something insulting. His Spanish wasn't good at all but he knew a few words from his time with Laura McClain.

"Good night, Laura..." he sighed softly as he gently placed an arm around her waist, keeping her close. "... I love you.." He spoke quietly, barely able to hear himself.

He closed his eyes and let sleep take over. He couldn't help himself. He had Laura with him, and she was practically a human heater. A small smile graced his lips as Laura nuzzled him softly before he fell asleep.
~

I lived, bitch.