Oh, F*ck.

Sam Holt looked around as he exited their ship in his space suit, the four of them successfully landing on Kerberos. He looked behind him to see his son getting out, only to grin at the sight of Shiro helping a paranoid Laura out of their ship.

"I promise you'll be safe, Laurie." He teased her as he held her while she walked onto the surface of the small planet. He had a sweet and caring smile as he looked at her, making sure she was okay.

"This is.. unbelievable.." She spoke in awe as she gazed at the sight ahead of her. It was a dream come true, and her crew only made it even better.

"So. Who's ready to collect some samples?" Asked Sam, not noticing his son laughing at his words as he was far too immature for what was considered normal at his age.

Laura chuckled at her friend as she let go of Shiro's hand to help him get the equipment necessary for them to collect the samples while Matt and Sam looked around and tried to find the perfect spot to start. 

While the Holts continued to discuss the location where they would make history, Shiro and Laura started to set up the machine. Shiro was having a tad bit of trouble until Laura put her hands on top of his and guided him to help him put the machine together.

"You need to slip them together, not force it. It's like love, if you have to force it, it won't end well." She spoke softly and sweetly, not noticing the blush that crept onto Shiro's cheeks.

"You've got a point. Still, I'm not an expert like you. You're practically the best engineer the Garrison was lucky enough to have." He admitted as he followed her directions.

A soft chuckle slipped past her lips. "Shirogane, you're making me blush.. But don't dismiss yourself. Your piloting skills are out of this world~" She winked at him as she made her perfect pun.

Shiro groaned as they were almost done with the machine. In all honesty, he wished they could work on it longer. Being able to talk to Laura like this made his heart swell with happiness. "Oh, come on, McClain, that was cheap." He teased as a sudden awe was heard.

That's when the two of them remembered that all of their mics were connected. Meaning that the Holts could hear what they said. All of it.

"I remember when me and your mother used to flirt like that. It was right before when we started dating.." Sam recalled joyfully as Matt was grinning and squealing like the fanboy that he was.

"Mr.Holt! Please, we are just close friends. I assure you." Laura insisted, hiding the fact that even she was reluctant to say the last parts of her words. She wanted so desperately to be more than friends to Shiro but she knew that that wouldn't be possible.

No matter how much she wanted it to be.

"Let's just get on with this mission.." Shiro sighed, trying to hide his blush as best he could.

                                                                                           ~~~~

Laura couldn't explain it, but she felt like something was going to go wrong. She didn't have too much to do as she just had to ensure the machine functioned correctly. Still, she had a bad feeling about something, she just couldn't explain it.

"Laura?!" Matt called to her as a sample started to come up from the ground of the planet that they would thus collect and study.

"Wha-?" Laura asked, confused. She was staring off into space, literally. It was normal at this point. She'd been doing it more and more often lately.

"I said, wouldn't it be cool if we met any aliens?" Matt asked with a dorky grin.  The boy was too much of a dork for his own good.

Laura rolled her eyes as she looked over the machine. "I mean, what if they were evil? You never kn-" She was cut off by Sam, gasping at something. By the expression on his face, it wasn't good.

The four looked over to see a gargantuan ship. It was black and purple, and it was coming closer towards them.

"Run, RUN!" Shiro called to them, going in front of Laura and starting to usher her away from the ship, wanting her to be safe.

However, his efforts proved to be worthless as the ship beamed down some sort of magnetic force that started to attract everything and anything in its path. The four of them sprinted away as fast as they could. 

Thoughts swirled in their heads yet at the same time, nothing could be said. The had one objective; get away from that thing in the sky, but it wouldn't work out the way they wanted.

They stumbled as they were pulled from their run, going up into the air. Matt and Sam lunged for each other while Shiro grabbed Laura by her hand, pulling her into a tight embrace to which she gladly returned.

Suddenly, everything went black.

                                                                                          ~~~~

Shiro grumbled as he opened his eyes, seeing Sam and Matt Holt kneeling beside him, unconscious. He looked around frantically, two questions in his mind.

Where were they?

and where was Laura?

"Bring in the last one." A guard stated. A door slid open to reveal another guard with Shiro's beloved in his arms, Laura was bruised. She must have tried to fight back but ended up getting nowhere.

The second guard shoved Laura over to the first guard who grabbed her by the collar of her space suit, throwing her on the ground. She simply lied there, limp and weak. Shiro wanted to yell out, to run over and hold her. He wanted to run his hands through his hair and hold her close, whispering sweet nothings to make her feel better.

But he couldn't. If he died, he couldn't protect them. Not Laura, nor Matt, or even Sam. He had to resist to protect them. No matter how much it killed him.

"Please, we come in peace! We mean you no harm!" Shiro insisted, wanting to at least offer a peaceful surrender before they would dismiss it and kill them. He grunted as he was struck in the back of the head. 

"Shiro!" Was all he heard before everything went black.

Yep.

They were fucked.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey! Guess who's not dead! Sorry for not updating, shit happens. Still, I hope you guys liked that chapter. I had to think about how I would want to write it out and how I would plan out my story so yeah. Anyway, bye!