It's Already Hard, Why Make It Harder?

Laura yawned as she walked back to her dorm. She was so lucky as to get a room all to herself while Shiro and Matt shared a room.

After taking a shower, she dried her hair and got dressed. She didn't know how to feel. How was she supposed to feel?!

All her life, she had been fascinated by space, and now she'd actually be going there. It was a dream come true. But why did she feel so hesitant?

As she started to do her hair, there was a knock at the door. "Come in!" Laura called as she tried to brush her hair that looked as if it had been a victim of a tornado.

The door opened to reveal none other than Takashi Shirogane. She smiled as soon as she saw him through the mirror. "Morning, 'Kashi!" She grinned at her friend.

Shiro chuckled as he closed the door behind him. He looked nervous, as if he'd be telling her something important. Then again, he would. Or at least, he'd try to tell her.

"Morning, Laura. How'd you bed?" He asked, not paying attention until he noticed the look Laura gave him. "I mean slept! How'd you slept- I mean sleep! I-" he was a stuttering mess as Laura put her hand up, finally able to tame her mane.

"Hey, shut it, Shirogane. What's got you all worked up?" She asked as she stood up and walked over to him, a look of concern on her face.

Shiro nodded quickly, his face blooming red as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Yeah, I just..." He took a deep breath and continued. "I want to tell you something that I've been meaning to tell you for a long time." He finally said.

Laura, being the oblivious girl she was, nodded casually. "Alright, what is this subject of utmost importance that we must speak of urgently?" She asked in a jokingly posh voice.

A soft chuckle slipped past Shiro's lips as he looked at her, a look of intrigue. He could easily listen to her ramble on anything for hours on end. As long as he was with her..

It had been years now that Shiro had wanted to tell Laura how he felt about her. Ever since the moment she stepped foot into their classroom all those years ago, he was intrested in her.

That intrest quickly turned into friendship which didn't hesitate to turn into love. That was it. He loved her. All he had to do now was say that. With his mouth..in words.. to her. This wouldn't be easy.

As he was trying to think of how he would tell her his feelings, even though he stayed up all night thinking about the subject already, he completely silenced.

Laura, being confused by his suddenly zoned out state, groaned and snapped her fingers right in front of his eyes. "Shiro! Wake up!" She shouted, causing the poor Japanese boy to jump in suprise.

"Are you alright?! You completely zoned out!" Laura sighed as she scanned his face, her eyes focusing on his lips for a few seconds too long to be considered normal for friends.

"Yeah. I was just thinking..anyway, Laura I wanted to tell you.." He trailed off, starting to feel nervous again. He just prayed he wouldn't get another panic attack.

"Tell me? Come on, Takashi. We've been best friends for ages. You can tell me absolutely anything." Laura assured him, even though it hurt her to say that. 'Best friends', was a term she wanted to leave behind and go forward. But she thought Shiro wouldn't feel the same.

Shiro looked her in the eyes, determined. It was now or never. He walked over, getting pretty close but she didn't move away so he guessed that was a good sign. "Laura, for the past few years, I've felt that.." He started to get lost in her eyes, losing his train of thought in the process.