A Simple Sidequest (part 1)

Laura starred in slight awe as the chairs of the Paladins rose up from the floor. She was really impressed with any form of technology that had nothing to do with the galra.

A soft smile started to tug at her face as she noticed that her seat and Shiro's seat were right next to each other in the front of the control room.

She gladly sat down with Shiro pretty much a few centimeters away from her. It was a miracle she didn't feel the piercing glare that Allura gave her from the flying station.

"I can't believe we're actually going to get this thing into space.." Laura mumbled softly as everyone started to set up their controls.

Shiro smiled at her and leaned in slightly. "Well, believe it. It's about to happen." He smirked at her.

And just like that, the castle shook loose from the ground and shot into the sky. Laura had to grab the closest thing to her, which was Shiro's hand, obviously.

He smiled at her and moved her hand so he could place a soft kiss on it. The love that man felt for her was absolutely dazzling.

"Hey, don't panic, okay? I'm right here with you." Shiro assured her in his soft voice he used, mainly for her.

~

As the Paladins talked and laughed on the stairs, obvious shenanigans ensued.

Laura didn't really pay too much attention to it all as her mind was elsewhere, as always. But something yanked her form her thoughts as she heard the words Hunk and girlfriend.

"Ooo, a girlfriend? Now that would be absolutely adorable to see." She insisted as she looked at Hunk with a small smirk tugging at her lips.

Hunk couldn't say anything as he blushed. He wouldn't be able to deny it as he still had a small crush on Laura. "She's not.. she's not my girlfriend! She's just a really nice rock that I met!" He insisted.

"Whatever you say, Hunk. I believe you." She spoke, her words practically dripping sarcasm as she spoke before being interrupted by none other than princess Allura.

"Paladins, we have to delay our mission. We are receiving a distressed signal from a nearby planet." She informed them as she showed them from where the signal was coming from.

"What?! No way! We have to save the balmera first, it's our first priority, no matter what." Hunk insisted with a frown in his face.

Allura sighed softly as she looked to him. "Hunk, you must understand that it is Paladin code of honor to help all of those in need. These people need our help."

"But.. But-" he wanted to continue but he had to stop when Laura interrupted him.

"Hunk, Listen. I know this mission means a lot to you. But you have to understand that even if agree with Allura. And you know how much I'd hate to do that. We have to help them." She explained.

Allura glared at Laura as Hunk sighed. "Alright. We'll save them. But can we please make it quick?" He begged Laura.

"Alright, we will." She chuckled as she gave him a small side hug.

"Aw, this is so cool! We're like space police on space patrol!" Lance exclaimed. "Hey, Coran? Do we have a siren we can turn on?" He asked the gorgeous man.

Coran simply shook his head. "No, but we can record you making a siren noise and broadcast that to them!" He offered, causing a grin to sprout onto Lance's face.

Lance then proceeded to start making a horrific attempt at a siren noise. It wasn't even five seconds until Shiro put his hand over Lance's mouth to stop the noise.