25

Chapter 25

The past three hours have been hell for me. I needed to see grandma, but I knew I wouldn't be able to take seeing her so fragile and broken.

I hesitate before entering her hospital room. Nothing had changed since the last time I was here except for the bouquet of flowers next to her bed.

Grandma looks up at Logan and I as we enter her room and a huge smile breaks out onto her sweet face.

"My babies! Come give grandma a hug" she tells us opening her arms.

Logan and I go to her and bend down as she envelops is in a warm hug. That was something I was going to miss the most; her hugs. They were always so warm and comforting.

Logan and I pull back and grandma studies us for awhile.

"Logan honey, can you go get me something to drink?"

Logan leans over and gives her a kiss on the cheek before nodding his head.

As soon as he's out the door grandma turns to me.

"Spill"

"Spill What?" I ask

She raises an eyebrow at me.

"Kelly I know something's wrong with you, I can see it in your eyes, tell me what happened."

"I can't do it anymore grandma." I blurt

"Oh honey" she coos as she wraps me in her arms again.

"What happened?"

"I met someone. And he hurt me real bad. I was happy grams. He made me happy. I finally let someone in again and he broke me. He lied to me and he used me" I sniffle.

I sit on grandma's bed and she takes my hand in hers.

"Honey, don't let it ruin you. Is this the football player? Your father talked to me about it. You guys were fighting and it was throwing off his game and messed you up. What was his name? Jonah... Judah?"

"Josh grams"

"Yes Josh!" She says snapping her fingers.

"Honey I know he hurt you I can see it. But you can't let it define you. You need to move on and show him what a absolute dick he was."

"Grams!"

Grandma chuckles and squeezes my hand. Her free hand moves up to my face and she wipes the few tears that had fallen away.

"You've always been my strong, brave girl. I love you so much Kelly"

I flash a weak smile at her.

"I love you too grams."

"So what else is going on? How's school?"

"Winter formal is in a few weeks. Thalia went and got her dress."

I grab my phone and pull up the picture she sent me before showing it to grandma.

"Oh my. Has Logan seen it yet?"

I shake my head as I tuck my phone back in my pocket.

"No she won't let him see it until the dance."

Gram chuckles at that and I notice her eyes brighten.

"What are you wearing?"

I hadn't thought about it. With everything that's been going on I didn't even think about winter formal.

"I don't think I'm going to go"

"What? Honey you have to!"

"Dances aren't really my thing"