21

Chapter 21

My alarm blaring early the next morning woke me up. I reach over and shut it off before rolling on my side to face Josh. His blonde hair was in his face covering up his eyes. I lift my hand gently and push his hair back as his eyes flutter open.

He smiles sleepily at me before wrapping his arm around my waist yet again. All night Josh never moved his hand off me. It was almost like he was scared I would leave him alone in the middle of the night.

He pulls me closer to him and nuzzles his face into my neck.

"Do you have to leave?" He mumbles

I laugh and run my fingers through his already tousled hair.

"You know I do. Mom said I had to be home by breakfast."

He groans and lifts his head to look at me. He sticks his bottom lip out and pouts.

"Can't I kidnap you for today?"

"We have school Josh"

"So?"

"I can't miss it. I know you're graduating in the spring but I still have two years left"

He props himself up on his elbows and grabs my hand.

"Exactly you still have two years left. Play hooky with me today and then go back to school tomorrow."

I hesitate before answering and Josh jumps at the opportunity.

"Please Piccolo?" He pleads as he kisses the tips of my fingers.

"You know I would love too but I can't. I'm already in hot water with my parents."

Josh frowns at me and wraps his arms around my waist before nuzzling his head in my chest.

"Josh I have to go" I tell him with a giggle.

He groans and lifts his head before kissing my nose and throwing the blanket off of us.  He drags himself out of bed and stretches, which lifts the bottom of his shirt giving me a view of the v-line underneath his abs. My stomach clenched at the sight.

I clear my throat and crawl out of his bed before grabbing my clothes off the floor.

"I'll give you some privacy" he stays quickly before stepping out of the room.

I take off his T-shirt and slip into my outfit from last night before putting on my converse and putting my hair in a loose bun.

I walk over to the door and open it slightly before heading back over to the bed and grabbing my phone and his birthday present.

Josh pushes the door open and slowly walks over to me with his hands behind his back.

"I wanted to give you something before you left." He mumbles

"You got me something? It's your birthday"

He rubs the back of his neck with a sheepish smile

"I know but I wanted you to have this."

He extends his hand and in it was a folded football jersey. I take it and unwrap it, on the back said Elroy and had the number sixteen.

"I wanted you to have it, it was the jersey I wore to the first game. I thought you could wear it on Friday?"

I look up at him. His intense green eyes were on me.

"You don't have to if you don't want too." He adds after a few minutes of silence.