17

Chapter 17

"Kel I need your help picking out a dress for winter formal." Thalia says to me as we sit at our usual spot.

"Winter formal is still a month away Tali. Why do you need a dress now?"

Thalia rolls her eyes and pops a grape into her mouth.

"I know, but I want to be prepared, my sister waited until last minute for prom and all the good dresses were gone." She whines

"When did you want to go shopping?"

"After school, then you can spend the night at my place. It's seems like we haven't spent any time together lately."

I hesitate before answering. Tonight was Josh's birthday party, I told him I would go.

"I can't tonight Tali, I have plans."

"Doing what? You never leave the house."

"I got invited to a party."

She lifts an eyebrow.

"A party?"

"Yes a party"

"Who invited you to a party?"

A blush creeps up my cheeks.

"Josh"

Her eyes widen and the grape in her hand falls onto the table.

"The same Josh that got your brother kicked off the team?"

I nod my head

"You're not gonna go are you?"

"Yes I'm going. I promised him."

"Kelly you're insane. Logan will kill you."

"Not if he doesn't find out."

"Kelly-"

"He won't find out right?" I ask her

"I have to tell him, he's my boyfriend"

"You were my best fiend long before you were his girlfriend"

Thalia takes a deep breath.

"You can't be serious Kelly."

"I'm dead serious Thalia. I'm going to the party tonight."

I could sense her wariness. It leaked out of her like a broken dam.

"Don't worry. As long as you don't say anything, it will all be fine."

She bites her bottom lip and opens her mouth to say something but stops as Logan sits down at our table.

He leans over and give Thalia a kiss on the cheek as he slings his arm over her shoulders.

"Babe I was thinking earlier, and I really want to take you out somewhere nice. Can I pick you up tonight around six?" He says before taking a bite of his pizza.

Thalia looks from me to Logan and back to me again before she finally responds.

"Yeah I would love that." She says pasting a smile onto her face.

Logan beams at her and leans in to give her a very noisy kiss. I divert my attention to anything other than them, and roam my eyes around the room.
Right away my eyes find Josh. He's sat at the table where the football team is, laughing at something one of the guys said.

He looked so carefree and relaxed. His eyes were crinkled and his dimple was showing as he threw his head back.

I found myself smiling as I watched him. There was something about him that was just so beautiful. Eventually his eyes find mine and he flashes me a dazzling smile. He pulls his phone out of his pocket and begins typing on it. Shortly after my phone buzzes in my pocket.