I reached down and picked up the bottle of shampoo Kristie had used. I opened it and squeezed a little bit out into my hand. The normally clear liquid was now bright blue. I made a face and wiped the dye-invested muck onto the towel Kristie had left.

When I heard a laugh, I turned to see Lynx leaning against the locker across from mine, her arms crossed over her chest. “That’s a cute look for her,” she smirked.

I scowled at her. “What did you do?” I demanded.

Lynx batted her eyelashes innocently. “Whatever do you mean?”

“Don’t try to act dumb, Lynx,” I scowled. “I know it was you.”

The cat-like girl grinned at me. “Look at you, being a little detective,” she laughed. “Why is Anthony known as the genius of the team when you’re here?”

“I’m not in the mood for your crap, Lynx,” I told her, a look of disgust adorning my face. “Why did you do that to Kristie?”

Lynx shrugged, as if what she had done was no big deal. I waited for her to respond, but she said nothing. I guess I shouldn’t have been surprised.

“I guess I should go apologize, huh?” Lynx questioned, but I was almost positive that the last thing she would ever do is apologize for something she did. It was most likely impossible for her to feel bad.

She turned away from me and started off toward the bathrooms where Kristie was, and even though I felt like I should have followed her, I stayed put. The last thing I wanted to do was deal with Lynx even more, and if she tried anything, I was right there. Kristie could take care of herself anyway.

But when I heard Kristie scream, I was caught so off guard that I fell over when I turned toward the source of the sound. Pushing myself up off the ground, I ran as quickly as I could, only to run into three other girls that had been frightened by the scream.

“What was that?” one of them asked me, as if I was somehow supposed to know the answer.
I gulped. “Um… spider,” I nearly coughed, that being the first thing that came to mind. “She must have seen a spider!”

“I hate spiders!” another one of the girls cried, taking a step back. Luckily, her friends were stepping back with her. “Will you go in and make sure she’s okay?”

My pleasure.

I nodded, and the three girls started off as quickly as their legs would carry them. I didn’t waste any more time and busted into the bathroom to a scene I did not expect to see.

There was Lynx, a pair of scissors in one hand and Kristie’s blue hand in the other. Strands were scattered all over the floor as Kristie stood there, her eyes wide in shock. The hair that had flown down her back almost to her waist was now up to her shoulders, still blue.

Kristie and I both didn’t know what we were supposed to do at first. Dyeing her hair blue was bad enough, but now she’d chopped over half of it off! Was there even a purpose for that, or did she just want to act like a bitch for no reason?

“Now it’s complete,” Lynx shrugged, tossing the hair she had cut off onto the floor as if it wasn’t important at all. “It’s such a nice look for you, Kristie.”

The beautiful girl’s brown eyes were round and filled with tears. Seeing her like this made me angry. She’d done absolutely nothing and Lynx had done something that upset her horribly. This didn’t even have anything to do with the DAU or Redrum!

“Do you want a haircut next, Violet?” Lynx asked with a wicked grin, waving the scissors around. “It’s free of charge!”

Without thinking twice about it, I raised my hand and threw the scissors right out of her grasp. They went flying, getting stuck right in the wall by the door. And when I heard a scream, I turned to see that it was only a few inches away from Vanessa’s head.