Offenders (16)

I couldn’t stop staring at my hand. The blood ran from my knuckles and onto my palm and down my arm. I then began to freak out.

Hyperventilating, I wanted nothing more than for this blood go be off of me. I wanted to forget what had just happened, what I’d just done. Why did I do this? Why didn’t I stop?

My hyperventilating only made Lena hyperventilate even more. Aiden looked from me, to her, and then back to me. He had no idea what he was supposed to do. So much for being the heroic leader.

I just kept staring at my hand. My bloody hand. I couldn’t breathe. I started to cry.

I couldn’t wipe the blood away because the last thing I wanted was to get it on my other hand. I didn’t want it to spread. The smartest thing to do was just wash it off, but I couldn’t get my body to work.

“Shh,” Dex shushed softly, placing his hands on my shoulders as he crouched down beside me. “You’re going to be alright. Everything’s okay.”

“What’s happening?” Kristie whispered to Aiden, though I could still hear her. “What’s happening to Violet?”

Aiden shook his head. “I don’t know.”

And the scary part was, I didn’t know either. I had no idea why I had responded the way I did. I was angry, sure, but I’d been angry before. Of course, I couldn’t remember a time when I had ever been this angry…

The blood felt disgusting against my skin. I looked over at the stalker, only to see his bashed-in face. I felt like I was going to throw up. What had I done? What had I done? What had I done?

I don’t even know how long we had to wait before Anthony burst through the door as quickly as his powers would let him, stopping on the other side of the unconscious stalker. A few seconds later, our male mentor ran in after him.

“Hank!” Kristie gasped when she saw our mentor. “Thank goodness you’re here!”

Nay ran in right after him, shocked by the scene before her. There I was, sitting beside a bloody, unconscious boy while I sobbed over my blood-stained fist, Dex crouched down beside me. Both Aiden and Kristie didn’t look like they knew what to do. Anthony had crouched down beside Lena, who was still crying and shaking on the floor a few feet away.

At the sight of her crying niece, a new look adorned Nay’s face. Instead of shock, she immediately became worried and even angry. She quickly composed herself and became calm once again before she approached the crying girl.

“Lena,” she started quietly as she made her way toward the younger blonde. She held out her hand. “Come out with me to the RV, honey. You shouldn’t stay in here any longer.”

She nodded, sniffing as she continued to cry. Anthony helped her up, but she immediately fell onto the floor once again. She was shaking too much to move on her own. Her legs completely gave out and refused to work.

Nay looked over at the strong boy that was trying to soothe me. “Dex,” she called out to him. “Could you please carry Lena to the RV?”

Dex looked at me before frowning at Nay, as if to tell her that he was already busy with something else. I was freaking out, but I was nowhere near as bad as Lena. And she had been through much worse.

“You can come right back,” Nay told him, as if she knew why he did not want to leave.

With one last longing look at me, he got up and delicately picked Lena up off the floor. They were out the door, Nay following after them.

“What happened?” Hank questioned, crouching down next to me. I wasn’t breathing so heavily anymore, but the tears would not stop falling.

“Violet nearly killed this guy with her bare hands,” Aiden informed our mentor, as if it wasn’t even that big of a deal, as if I wasn’t on the floor having a panic attack.