P A R T - S I X T E E N

Start from the beginning

"I'm hungry," she murmured, giving him a small smile and then laughing softly.

"Oh," he replied, annoyed that a sense of relief washed over him at her reason not being because he was somehow in trouble. "Then lets go." He continued, still watching her closely as she tucked some hair behind her ear and leant away from the half wall and walked him to head back into the room to get her sandals. He did up the rest of the olive green linen shirt he was wearing and followed, smoothing his hand now through his hair to neaten it so it didn't look like Alice had just been tugging at it.

Once downstairs Alice and Magnus steppes out onto the outdoor area, the stone tiles that covered almost every outdoor area a warm, but faded shade of red. "Darlings!" Julia beamed, her eyes lighting up at the sight of her son and his girlfriend unintentionally matching since her dress and his shorts were the same shade of cream. "What do you feel like, sea food? Thai? Sushi? Burgers? Pizza, maybe?"

"I don't mind," Alice replied softly as they joined Magnus's parents at the large ten seater glass table just as Hans poured them both a glass of chilled white wine. "Thank you." She smiled, glancing over at Magnus as he watched her for a moment then looked over at his parents.

"Pizza," he replied before taking a sip of the wine and licking his lips. He glanced at Alice again, seeing her looking out towards the illuminated pool and sighing softly.

"Pizza? You can have pizza at home, we're on vacation darling." Julia scolded, causing Hans to chuckle quietly.

"You can have sushi at home, too." Magnus replied in a calm voice, causing Julia to sigh loudly.

"What about sea food?" Alice suggested, "I haven't really eaten it much before, so." She added as both Magnus and Julia looked at her. She smiled, glancing at Magnus then at his mother who was now smiling happily.

"Sea food it is then," Julia smiled, her own honey toned blonde hair neatly pinned up with a large clip, dressed in simple white loose pants and a satin pale pink blouse. They finished their drinks, and walked down to the main area of the resort in pairs, following the signs to the restaurant of their choice by the beach. Alice couldn't stop the small smile from playing on her lips as she glanced down at her hand linked with Magnus's. He'd taken her hand again without making a moment of it, and she liked how she could feel his fingertips brushing against her knuckles... she wondered if this was a thing they did now, or if he was just adding to the romance to sweeten her up.

She admired the aesthetics of the resort as they walked the short distance to the main area of it all, with its white villas and warm red roads, lit up with short street lamps that matched the half walls that lined the road and the steps leading down to the main area where the shops and restaurants were. A golf buggy filled with guests passed them, and Alice smiled politely as they chirped happy greetings at the four of them.

Magnus let Alice walk down the steps first that lead to the tastefully lit pool area. The sound of the water lapping up against the edges adding to the ambience as they approached the restaurant that was next to the private beach, hidden away inside a cove so the water was always calm.

They were lead to a table for four on the balcony looking over the ocean, the smell of the salty water wafted towards Alice's nose as she smiled a little more to herself as they all settled down and gave their drinks orders. "We'll have a bottle of your best champagne and Sauvignon Blanc, Thank you." Julia smiles decisively, not even needing to look at the wine list as it was offered to her.