P A R T - F O U R

Chapter Four; The First of Many.
Saturday 9th of March, 10:06pm
_______________________________________

Alice stood in front of her mirror in her en suite bathroom, applying mascara carefully to her bottom lashes to make her eyes look slightly bigger... nervous butterflies swarmed her stomach as she inhaled deeply, finishing her make up a few moments later, then examining her face carefully for any flaws. Finally, she set her face with her usual setting spray before checking the time again, seeing that she had a little time to kill before Magnus arrived to pick her up.

The day before they had agreed to go to the midnight showing of the bird box thriller film in town, they were showing it on a large screen outside, and everyone who could would collect in the park on bean bags with blankets and food to watch together. Alice knew of a lot of people going who shouldn't be, since the 9pm curfew was still intact, although a few weeks into it; more than a few were already starting to ignore it.

Alice was dressed in short, white knitted dress with long sleeves and a low cut V at the front so it showed off her cleavage a little. It tied around her waist then fell softly around her hips and upper thighs... She felt comfortable and somewhat confident in her outfit choice since it had taken a while to choose, and wandered out the bathroom, hearing her music playing softly from her speakers. She pulled on clear tights, since it was still early March and the temperature still nipped at the skin when the sun went down, and to combat that she'd chosen a large, long beige coat to take with her and threw it on the bed next to her bag before she finished up getting ready.

Alice sprayed perfume on her neck as she watched herself in the mirror, combing her fingers through her hair moments later so that it kept its neat, big, flirty waves that she'd spent almost an hour doing before her make up.

At almost half ten Alice heard her phone vibrate and felt her heart jump, she stopped herself from jumping over to where her phone was charging and inhaled deeply... holding it for a few seconds before exhaling. "Don't be nervous." She whispered to herself before she picked up her phone and read a text from Magnus that he was outside waiting for her... "Don't be nervous." She whispered to herself again, inhaling and exhaling again as the anticipation of the evening to come peered at her over her shoulder expectantly.

Grabbing her coat, bag and a couple of sticks of gum Alice left her room and made her way downstairs quietly, her bright white sneakers making no noise on the stairs since they didn't creak under her weight like her old house. She hadn't told her parents that she was going out for her first date yet, since she was aware that neither of them were very fond of Magnus... and she hoped, as she walked towards the front door, that they wouldn't notice her slip out the front door like a breeze wafting in and out through an open window.

"Alice, where on earth are you going at this time of night?" Richard asked as he noticed Alice creeping towards the door, nicely dressed with make up and her shoes on. She stopped and turned towards her father who was walking into the kitchen area to place a glass of wine in the sink to be washed later.

"Um... out?" She replied, fiddling with her nails as she smiled sweetly.

"Out?" Richard chuckled although he didn't find it amusing. "I don't think so young lady."

"But I told you guys a couple of days ago I was going to watch the midnight showing of the bird box in the park with a friend..." Alice lied, doing it so smoothly that she even believed herself. Sophie looked up from where she was reading on the couch, hearing Alice's voice and wondered what was going on.