Capítulo 14 (catorce)

Start from the beginning

Another silence filled the room but it was no longer soaked with anger but rather the two men thinking, discussing things silently. "Because that boy was sick?" The Austrian's orbs narrowed, his lips squeezed into a thin line when Antonio answered negatively. "Because he's said to have a brother here, raised by you." The man turned around in the speed of light, the lower part of his cloak flying around him dangerously like wings that belonged to a bird which was ready to attack.

"I'm sincerely sorry to inform but there is no brother of a slave in this house. Not one I haven't heard of, for that matter," Roderich literally hissed out and he crossed his arms over his chest. The Spaniard stood up swiftly, head rising to a point it seemed like he was looking down at the other male. His emerald eyes sparkled with something alarming and offensive, making my heart skip a beat.

"For your information, Roma is not a slave. He has equal rights as everyone in this room; you, me and even Elizabeta here!" He huffed out but then gave me a sincere look, mouthing a quiet sorry before he continued to burn a hole into Roderich's head. The man in question scoffed once more, the grip on his travel clothing tightening as did the atmosphere between the two of them. "Well, I beg for your forgiveness, my lord."

That sent Toni off like a trigger, anger filling his eyes and twisting his face. His teeth clicked together, his jaw set painfully and I swore if they weren't inside, he would freaking fight the master of this house. "Shut up, you piece of Austrian garbage." Redness was colouring his cheeks and I began to notice just how many veins popped out on his hands. They were clenched in a perfect fist, knuckles painted white at the impact.

Now it was Roderich's turn for his wrath to show on his face. He inhaled deeply and his features went even paler than they normally were. His somehow purple eyes shaped into a spear and were now cutting Antonio in half without even actually doing anything. Ache started to sprint up into my head and as I leaned into my seat, a deep sigh left me. Two of my fingers gave both of my temples some comforting pressure before my whole hand disappeared into my brown locks.

"Gentlemen, both of you knew this conversation was to happen, sooner or later," I managed to let out at last but I didn't really care if they were listening or not; it was their own fault they were like this. If only could they forget it finally, thought I but I gave up long time ago. However, the two men seemed to finally shut down their emotions as one of them, the older one, moved across the room. He decided to face the Spaniard and even though his age was a bit closer to death, his height didn't follow.

"So, you came here because the boy told you his so-called brother, who I highly doubt even exists, lives here." A sigh full of relieve darted its way from me; finally! A little move on! Antonio sighed as well but it was a tired, helpless gesture. He sat down, fingers interweaving but they were still shaking as he did so. His face was suddenly left completely empty, only exhaustion visible. Or maybe there was something else? Like an emotion of I-don't-know-but-one-more-try-and-if-it-won't-work-......it's-the-end.

"He didn't know himself until..." His voice turned into thin air and I had to turn my head to see if he was still there. "Until?" Roderich's eyebrow lined down his hairline, index finger and thumb caressing his chin. Antonio bit into his bottom lip; that's what I was able to see from my position for he dipped his head even lower than before. He worried it for a bit before finally drawing an inhale and explaining. "Until my brother didn't tell him so. And don't make me go into details." The last part was rushed and seemingly surprised the Austrian but he didn't ask any further questions.

He even sat down on a chair he dragged from across the whole room, mirroring Toni's helpless position. They didn't speak once again but I was no longer afraid of another conflict awaking in-between them. Thus, I left the two men alone in the little, book-filled study as my footsteps echoed off of the walls softly.