19~ I'm Fine, Save Me

Start from the beginning

"Go back to sleep and forget that happened," I grumbled as we began to enter the town.

The softest of chuckles escaped him.

My hand still tingled from grabbing his thigh. Damn, that guy had a ridiculous amount of hard muscle in those thighs. He could probably crush my neck with them if he wanted to. Not that, uh, I'd even imagine such a weird scenario in which he'd have to do that, of course.

I finally pulled into a small convenience store at the edge of town, crowing silently in victory at parking almost perfectly first try.

"Jungkook, I need your wallet so I can get some medicine," I turned off the engine and shoved the keys in my pocket.

And of course now Jungkook was totally lights out.

"Ghod dammit," I swore softly as I unbuckled and then reached over to begin patting his pants pockets.

Yeah I had the option of turning invisible and snatching the medicine, but if the storekeeper saw doors opening and closing invisibly and then a shot up car pulling away, well, you get my drift. Bad news.

The wallet wasn't in either of Jungkook's front pockets and I internally groaned as I carefully tried to shift Jungkook a little to the side so I could reach his back pockets.

The pain of his injured arm bumping into the console made him swim back to surface of consciousness slightly. "Stop groping me, Love Genie," he groaned. "Damn I didn't know you wanted me that bad."

"If I could I would hit you," I grunted as I finally found a small bulge in his back pocket where a dark wallet was held. "Don't be so full of yourself."

"It's not nice to rob an injured man," Jungkook moaned, eyes fluttering open for half a second before sliding shut.

"I'm not robbing you, I'm saving you," I got out of the car finally, locking it, and quickly entered the convenience store.

Inside a young man was working behind the counter. He looked up at my entrance and immediately his aura began to grow light pink. I shot him a wink, only the slightest of guilt in me for playing him like that. The kid was probably only 16 or 17 years old.

I moved into the back of the store and soon found myself in the aisle of medicine, bandages, and over-the-counter prescription.

I grabbed a few painkillers, some antiseptics, and a good amount of bandages and Band-Aides ranging from small to large. I had no clue what the wound in Jungkook's arm was but just to be safe.

Right before I went up to the counter my eyes caught sight of little snack rack. I reached over and grabbed a roll of thin mint cookies to add to my medicine pile.

"Th-that'll be $28," the young teenager at the counter stammered a little as he swept everything in the bag.

I popped open Jungkook's wallet. An ugly snort escaped me despite everything as instantly his Driver's License ID photo popped into view. He looked like he was freaking 12 years old in the photo with a head shape of a macaroni.

"Is that your boyfriend?" the store guy peeked at the photo.

Boyfriend my ass, I was about to say but caught myself just in time. "Yes. It is," I quickly snagged some bills and handed it over to the guy.

I didn't need to glance at his aura to see the disappointment flashing across his eyes. "Here's your change," he handed the coins back with the receipt.

"Thanks," I offered him a smile, grabbing the bag and quickly left the store.

Jungkook was passed out once again in the car, his head slumped over so his hair fell a little across his face and his jawline only stuck out farther. I almost wanted to pause and take in the cute image of him.

But first I needed to stop the bleeding and see how much damage had been caused.

I quickly popped open the passenger door, and leaned over Jungkook's limp body to reach his bloody arm. Carefully I began to roll up the sleeve. Underneath it, I almost hurled at the sight.

♡|♡|♡|♡|♡|♡