Chapter 25: Not even the Gods above can separate the two of us,You And I

After dinner, they stayed in town and did some window shopping before going home. Anne was very tried from the long and exciting day, so she hugged and kissed the two goodnight before heading upstairs to her bedroom.

“What would you like to do Gracie?” Harry asked.

“I don’t know, I’m open to anything really.” Grace shrugged simply.

“Would you like to watch a movie?”

“Sure, but can we change first?” Harry chuckled.

“Of course, I’ll meet you downstairs in a few minutes.”

“Alright.”

They parted ways at the top of the staircase, Grace going into the spare bedroom that was once Gemma’s bedroom. Harry switched his skinny jeans for a pair of baggy black basketball shorts and decided to forgo a shirt completely.

He wanted to see how Grace would react anyhow. He brushed his teeth and splashed cool water on his face before heading downstairs, his necklaces clinking against his chest as he went. He always wore the two Grace had given him, plus a cross necklace that he felt kept him grounded. He walked into the kitchen and popped some popcorn for the video while waiting for Grace.

Grace texted Elise back, thanking her for taking care of their animals and wishing her a goodnight, before she changed into a simple set of pajamas and then she clipped her bangs back so she could wipe her makeup off and wash her face after she brushed her teeth. She nodded at her appearance before grabbing her phone and headed back downstairs.

She could hear and smell popcorn popping so she walked into the kitchen and her eyes widened at Harry’s bare backside. Harry was very toned and fit and there was no way she could help but stare at his perfect figure.

“Oi, Gracie, you scared me!”

Harry chuckled as Grace blinked in surprise, snapping herself out of her daze, before she met eyes with Harry.

“Sorry.” She blushed.

He smirked cheekily, knowing she had been staring, especially since the flush on her cheeks gave her away.

“Makin’ some popcorn, why don’t you go pick a video yeah?”

Grace nodded and turned and left the kitchen. Harry watched her walk away, eyes distracted by her butt, before he turned and took the popcorn bag out of the microwave, pouring it into a large bowl. He then grabbed two cans of Coke and walked over to the living room where Grace had just put in a movie.

“What did you pick Love?” Harry inquired.

Forrest Gump.” She giggled.

“I love that movie!”

“Me too.”

Harry grinned and turned the lights off before sitting down and Grace joined him. The bowl was between them for now, their cans of soda on coasters on the coffee table in front of them. Harry pressed play on the movie before stretching out one arm on the couch and using the other to grab handfuls of popcorn. Grace sat with her legs crossed Indian style and her posture a little straight, and her eyes lit up as the movie began.

From time to time Harry and Grace would reach in at the same time and their fingers would brush together and they’d both blush and mutter apologies. It felt nice though, knowing how they really felt, and made things a little more comfortable. It came to the point in the movie when Forrest and Jenny sat in the field as children and she wished she could be a bird and fly away from everything.

“I used to feel like that.” Grace whispered.

“What?” Harry turned to look at her.

“I used to want to be a bird so that I could fly away from all the sadness…it’s why I have those tattoos on my wrists. As I began to read more and grew older, I realized there was no reason for sadness, and I finally freed myself of that oppressive cage.”