Chapter 9: They can say anything they want cause they don't know us

“Yes!” He smiled.

Harry had brought it inside earlier and the pair walked into the sun room to have some privacy. They sat down on the plush white loveseat couch and Grace handed the carefully and beautifully wrapped present. She had butterflies in her stomach and Harry looked at her before she nodded, encouraging him to do so. Harry unwrapped the paper after removing the ribbon and he noticed a box. He opened the lid and felt his heart skip a beat at the necklace before him.

It was from the same company that made his necklace to her and he saw the heart with the lock on it and looked at Grace whose cheeks had already started to flush red with nervous embarrassment but she kept his stare.

“Gracie?”

“Um…well…it’s a Phyrra necklace like mine, only…only it has a different meaning. Harry, I had never really opened up to people before I met you and the rest of everybody. I was alone for so long, had closed my heart in for fear of it breaking more…but what I said on my birthday was true, I had never felt so alive before, and it was because I had you. I have all of you now, and you all make my life that much brighter, but you have a certain…a certain light that shines just a little brighter than everybody else. You stick out to me and you have been nothing but wonderful to me since you came into my life. I…I know my heart is protected with you, which is what that heart and lock represents to me. It means I’m giving you my heart to keep safe with you.”

Harry’s breath caught and his hands shook.

“Grace…Grace I…I can’t stand to hide this from you any longer.”

She looked at him quizzically. Harry took her hand in his, lacing their fingers together.

“I like you Grace, and I mean I really like you, a lot. I’ve grown to care about you immensely since the moment I met you and it scares me because I have never felt this way about another girl before. I know things are all new to you and I promise you that if you gave me a chance, I would show you what love is. And I’m not saying it’s going to be easy, it never is and adding on all my extra baggage will complicate things, but I’m willing to rough those seas with you if you’re willing to do the same.”

Grace’s heart pounded wildly in her chest as Harry admitted his true feelings for her.

“Oh Harry…I like you too, I like you a lot, and it too scares me greatly, but I’m willing to take a risk with you. You’ve brought so much color into my world, so much light into my life when I thought it was long gone and never to come back.”

Harry smiled wide, laughing in relief and pure genuine happiness.

“I want to be with you Grace, I want you so much.” She blushed as he told her this.

“I want to be with you too.” She bit her bottom lip cutely and Harry had the biggest urge to kiss her.

“Will you be my bird?” Harry asked softly.

He may now know she feels the same way about him but she could still very much decline him. Grace grinned though as she nodded.

“Yes, I’d love to.”

She removed the necklace from the box and slid it over Harry’s neck. It fell perfectly on his chest and she turned the coin over to show him the back engraving.

My Whole World

“Gracie…”

“You kind of are.” She teased.

He scooted closer to her, disregarding the wrapping paper and rested one hand on the arm of the couch behind her as the other gently cupped her cheek.