Chapter 3 :I hear the beat of my heart getting louder whenever I'm near you

Three days later Grace was stocking a few shelves when the bell dinged.

“Welcome to Crooks and Nanny’s Bookshop, let me know if I can help you with anything.” Grace told the potential customer without turning around to look at who it was.

“Aww Love, look at you working so hard.” Grace turned around at the familiar sound of that deep voice and her eyes met Harry’s as he leaned against the front counter, smile playing across his lips.

“Oh, hi Harry, I wasn’t expecting you.” Grace smiled shyly.

“I thought I’d come visit you since you never bothered to text me.” He told her in a joking manner, feigning sadness as he pouted cutely at her.

“I’m really sorry, I’ve been so busy with essays and other readings and then work—“

“Gracie I was just kidding, it’s fine, Elise let us know how busy you were, but seeing as it is Friday she has promptly demanded that I come pick you up for a movie night at her and Niall’s place so you can finally meet the boys.” Harry explained.

“Oh um well…”

“You’re not allowed to say no.” Grace blushed and turned to put the books back.

Harry walked over and took one from her as he easily slid into the highest crevice and she turned around, seeing how close they were.

“Thanks.”

“You’re welcome shorty, so come on, your shift is about over right?” She nodded.

“Good, go grab your stuff.” Harry moved back and Grace sighed before removing her apron and heading for the staff room.

She grabbed her satchel bag, double checking she had everything and then checked her reflection in the mirror. Being around Harry made her want to look good for some reason. She brushed through her long brown locks that were slightly wavy today and then combed her bangs before heading out of the staff room. Her eyes widened when she could hear her nana talking to Harry. She peeked her head around the corner and nearly died on the spot seeing them laughing and getting on so well.

“Oh there you are dear! You better get going for a night out with your friends!” Her nana exclaimed excitedly.

She knew how big a deal it was for Grace to go out and have a good time with people. Grace’s cheeks flushed in embarrassment and Harry looked over at her in concern, she was looking at the ground.

“Right.” Grace muttered.

“It was lovely to meet you Harry, take care of my grandbaby will you?”

“Of course Alice, it was lovely to meet you too.”

They shared a hug before Grace finally looked up and her nana hugged and kissed her, whispering in her ear to let go and take a chance, something her mother had often told her as a child. Grace nodded and then Harry offered his hand to her and she nervously slipped her hand into his.

Her hand immediately started tingling again, his palms were soft but his hands were much larger than hers, his finger longer too than her dainty and small hand, short and feminine fingers accenting them.

“Elise made a spread of different junk food so we’d have options.” Harry grinned and opened the door for Grace.

She thanked him before climbing in, buckling up while Harry too climbed in and did the same. He revved the engine to life before beginning to drive to the neighborhood.

“Your nan was so nice! Elise wasn’t kidding about her being a saint!” Harry laughed.

Grace just nodded, distracted as she looked out the window. Her mind was swirling with a million and one thoughts. Harry noticed immediately. He knew she was shy but not dismissive.