Chapter 17: If only you saw what I could see

The next morning Paul woke him up to come down to the dining hall to eat at the breakfast buffet. Harry grumbled and got into a shower before getting dressed: . He grabbed his phone and room key before leaving the suite and catching up with Liam in the elevator.

“How’s it going?” Liam asked. Harry sighed.

“Horribly.”

“I heard.”

“I don’t know what to do anymore.”

“Well are you happy?” Harry shook his head.

“Haven’t been for months.” Liam sighed.

“Then you need to break up with Taylor and tell Grace how you really feel.”

“She doesn’t want me anymore.”

“And how do you know that?”

“Because I wouldn’t want me either.”

And then the elevator doors opened as it dinged. Liam and Harry joined the rest of the guys for breakfast, Liam having asked where the girls were.

“Oi, they went to breakfast with Gemma.” Niall said through a mouthful of eggs and toast.

“Ew!” Louis whined and threw a piece of fruit at Niall who gladly scooped it up to eat.

Harry sighed and had trouble eating but he knew he had to get some carbs and protein in his body so he would have energy for the show tonight. The prospect of performing tonight excited him, but not about the possible consequences of Taylor coming. Fortunately he was so busy she couldn’t come over early to hang out so he wouldn’t have to worry until tonight.

“Niall come on, go get them.” Harry groaned as he leaned against the door out in the hallway of the hotel.

“It’s Elise, she’s taking forever.” Niall agreed and knocked on the door.

Grace greeted him looking beautiful as usual. Harry couldn’t keep his eyes off her and she smiled at Niall as he smiled back widely.

“Wow! You look fantastic Lovie!”

“Thank you Niall, you’re looking quite dashing yourself.” Niall laughed.

“Well thank you, I do try. Is Lise almost done?”

“She’s finishing up, but I’m definitely done.”

“Great! You can head down with Harry! We’ll be right there!”

And then Niall walked inside the suite. Grace strapped her usual grungy satchel across her torso and met eyes with Harry. He smiled at her and she easily smiled back. He felt better seeing the necklace around her neck still.

“Ready?”

“Yes.”

Harry and Grace got into the elevator before Harry pushed for the lobby.

“You do look very beautiful.” Harry complimented.

Grace looked down at the ground bashfully and Harry smiled wider. Just like in their song, it was like “What Makes You Beautiful” had always been written about her.

“Thank you, you look very handsome.”

Harry thanked her softly before the doors opened. He was looking forward to talking with Grace and they did just that the whole ride to the venue where fans were already filling out the wide space. All the guys were growing excited with nervous energy buzzing through their beings. Harry and Grace and Elise were all laughing about something when Harry heard his name being called.