Chapter 16: You were never on your own

~Three Months Later~

“Hally! Hally!” Harry laughed as Lux crawled into his lap as he and Lou sat outside in New York City. Harry was stateside for a while, to try and clear his head and he actually met someone. That someone was very famous in her own right and he knew he shouldn’t have, had been told repeatedly by Elise and the boys and Lou also that she was trouble. But Harry liked trouble now, lived for it as a distraction. That was simply what she was to him.

A distraction from Grace.

“Hey Luxy.” Harry chuckled as she played with his necklace.

He still hadn’t taken it off. Not since Grace had given it to him on his birthday. It was November now and the boys had released their new album Take Me Home, which featured a song about Grace on it. Harry was excited to get back to the grind again, it was another good way to distract him.

“Hey cutie.” Harry looked up and was met with the eyes of Taylor Swift.

“Hey Love.”

Lou made a face and Lux looked at the girl curiously before Taylor sat down.

“How have you been?” She asked Harry, completely disregarding Lou, which Lou found to be extremely rude.

“Oh, I’ve been alright, what about you?”

“I’ve been great.” Harry hummed under his breath before Lux played with his curls, pulling him from his thoughts of Grace as she smiled sweetly at him.

“Is this your daughter?” Taylor asked Lou. Lou simply nodded.

“That’s Lux.”

“Can I hold her?”

“If she’ll let you.”

Taylor offered her arms but Lux hugged Harry’s neck tighter and buried her face into his shoulder and Harry chuckled, holding the toddler close.

“She’s just a bit shy.”

“Harry’s her favorite of the boys.” Lou smiled.

“Mummy! I want Gwace!”

Taylor looked at Harry who looked at the little girl in shock.

“Oh sweetie, Grace is back in England, remember? You’ll get to see her at Christmas.”

“But I want Gwace and Hally! They pway wiff me!”

“I can play with you Lux.” Taylor suggested.

“No! I want Gwace!” Harry sighed and had Lux look at him.

“Luxy, Gracie is back home.” Lux’s bottom lip trembled.

“But she’s warm wike you!” Harry chuckled.

He had to agree with her on that one. Grace radiated a certain warmth indeed.

“Pwomise I see her?” Lux asked Lou.

“Of course darling, we all miss her.”

Lou shot a look at Harry who sighed and Taylor made a noise in her throat. She was clearly uncomfortable and as Harry’s new girlfriend, she should, seeing as Grace was major competition. None of the fans were happy about Harry and Grace breaking up.

It was ironic as they had gone out of their way to be rude and mean to Grace in the beginning but then they all slowly started to accept them as a couple, but just as they had the young couple broke up and the fans were angry and sad but grew outraged when Harry started dating Taylor, especially seeing as he had only waited two months.