Lavender

Thanks SnowMione18 for this idea
(Age 15/16)

El dug through her closet searching for the perfect outfit. Mike was taking her out for a date that night and it was an understatement to say she was excited. She was so excited that she was counting down the hours until 6:00pm, the time Mike would come by to pick her up. It was a currently 5:00pm and her heart was pounding in her chest as she got ready.

"Kid?" Hopper asked, walking into El's room and looking down at the pile of clothes that was around her feet.

El sighed and looked at the door, "What happened to knocking?"

Hopper rolled his eyes and knocked on the open door. "What are you doing?"

"Looking for something to wear for my date with Mike." She replied simply, pulling a lavender dress out of her closet.

"Shit, that's tonight? I forgot to give Wheeler a death threat."

"His name is Mike. And no hurting him." El placed the dress on her bed and turned her attention to Hopper.

Hopper sighed, "Clean up this mess before you leave. And if he lays a finger on you, he won't make it to his 17th birthday."

El concentrated on the clothing around her feet and it levitated, landing back in her closet and drawers neatly. "Done," She smiled, wiping the blood from under her nose. "No killing my Mike."

Hopper rubbed his forehead and began to leave the room, "God you're such a teenager."

"You're such a parent," El giggled, closing the bedroom door and turning her attention back to the lavender dress that laid on her bed.

The dress was one that Joyce had gotten her. It was a knee length, lavender dress with black embroidering and detailing. The dress was somewhat forming-fitting and hugged her body, the skirt of the dress loose and flowing. She dug through her closet once more, finding a pair of black one-inch heels to match her dress. She smiled happily and got dressed, brushing out her shoulder length hair and applying a small amount of makeup she owned.

Finally, she slipped the silver bracelet she had gotten from Mike for her 15th birthday. She looked at her appearance in the mirror and smiled, running her fingers through her hair.

"Kid you ready?" Hopper walked back into the room. "No way in hell you're going out dressed like that."

El frowned, "What's wrong with it?" She looked down at her her outfit.

"You look like one of those mannequins in the store windows at he mall," He replied, leaning against the doorframe.

"I think I look pretty," El argued, looking at herself in the mirror. "...Do I not look nice?"

"You look nice kid but I don't want you going out of the house dressed like that." She pouted and looked at him with big, coffee coloured eyes. "Not going to work," Hopper sighed.

El crossed her arms, "I'm going to wear what I want. I look pretty and I like my dress," she said in a stern voice.

"You don't get to-" He started, getting interrupted by a set of knocks on the door.

Three knocks. Pause. 5 knocks. Pause. Then three knocks again. 353.

El walked past Hopper and opened the door, "Mike!"

"Hi El," Mike stepped forward and pulled her into his arms, gently kissing her head.

She smiled and closed her eyes, physically relaxing against his gentle touch. He grinned and rested his chin on the top of her head, closing his eyes for a moment. Mike leant down to kiss her but saw Hopper step around the corner and pulled away.

"El you look really pretty." Mike said softly, intertwining his fingers with hers. His eyes scanned over her, grinning wide. She looked like an angel in his opinion, sent down from heaven. He loved her.

"Watch it Wheeler." Hopper said, walking over to them.

El sighed, "He's not even saying or doing anything." She leant up and kissed his cheek, glancing at Hopper.

"No funny business," Hopper said, giving Mike a look, "and I want her home by 9:00. Not a minute later."

"We'll be fine," El sighed, glancing up at Mike. "We're just going to the lake."

"I mean it Wheeler, don't hurt my daughter."

"I won't," Mike sighed, looking at El, a smirk flickering across his lips for a moment. "El, you look absolutely beautiful and stunning and really pretty."

El's cheeks turned red and a smile instantly formed on her lips. Hopper tensed and opened his mouth to say somerhing but El pulled Mike out the door and slammed it behind them.

"He's going to be mad Mike." She sighed, looking up at her boyfriend and momentarily getting lost in his eyes.

He simply shrugged and kissed her, shutting her up immediately. "I don't care because I'm with you right now."

They hadn't been able to go out very much since El had closed the gate, Hopper refusing to let the girl out into the world too much during the first year after. But now, El was 15 years old and she finally had that freedom she had wanted.

Mike took her hand and led her down the path. El giggled and swung their hands slightly, making Mike grin. "You are so cute," He smiled, gently kissing her hand.

"Thanks," El replied, giggling as she walked. Her eyes flickered to the path in front of them, to him, then back again.

"I think that's my favorite colour now," Mike smirked softly, looking over at her.

She looked at him curiously, "Why?"

"Because you look -and are- fucking gorgeous, especially in lavender."

Hope you enjoyed. It's finals week for me so I'm having a hard time finding time to update. Don't forget to press the star button on the way out.