The Arcade "Date"

(Age 14/15)

"Mike can I ask you something?"

"You don't need to ask if you can ask a question El."

El giggled at her boyfriend's reply and moved closer to him as they walked through the (surprisingly silent) streets of Hawkins together. The slight breeze blew El's curls back slightly

"Max always talks about this place called the Arcade," El said as they walked back to the Wheeler's house. El had managed to put aside her jealousy over Max during the year. "She always says it's the best place ever. You can play games and win prizes and it's a lot of fun," She continued, "Lucas took Max there on a date once." El managed to hide the smile that had formed on her lips.

But Mike knew El far too well. "Oh I get it." He gave her a knowing smile back and intertwined their fingers, "You want me to take you to the Arcade on a date?"

"N-not a date really..." El mumbled, trying her hardest to stop her cheeks from turning red. "I just want to go there with you; you've never taken me there before."

"I guess you're right, I'll take you El, tomorrow night." Mike opened the front door of his house for El, letting her step inside. "Even if you wanted it to be a date, I wouldn't mind. You are my girlfriend after all."

He quickly pecked her lips before walking into the basement, leaving El as a blushing and smiling mess in the foyer of the house.

Next Day
4:56pm

"Nancy," El whined as she knocked on the bedroom door repeatedly. "I need help."

A moment later Nancy opened her bedroom door, the phone in hand. "Yes El?"

El took a deep breath and said, "Mike is taking me to the arcade and I think it's a date but I don't know and you're really good at advice and I just want to know what you think I should wear cause' I really don't know what to do."

Nancy looked at her for a minute before raising the phone to her ear, "Jonathan I'll call you later." She set the phone down and gestured for El the to come inside. "You've been on a lot of dates; you should be good at this," Nancy teased.

El pouted slightly, "I just like your sense of style; can you help me please, then you can call Jonathan back."

Nancy's cheeks turned a light shade of red before she nodded. "Let's get you ready then."

◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇◇

"Hey El are you ready- damn."

El slowly made her way down the stairs, a small smile on her face. She was wearing a simple pair of jeans and a blouse; her outfit was simple but it still took Mike's breath away.

"Hey El, where do you think you're going dressed like that?" Mike teased as she walked over to him.

El gave him a puzzled look before understanding his little game and saying, "I'm going out with my boyfriend, he's so amazing and I love him a lot. We are going to the arcade for a date, i think. He is sweet and caring and gives me eggos; he loves me a lot."

"He sounds pretty amazing." Mike smirked wrapping an arm around her waist.

"Believe me," El lowered her voice to just above a whisper, "he is."

Mike leaned in to kiss her just as Holly ran down the stairs. He shook his head as he and El pulled apart, silently wishing that moment hadn't been interrupted.