Me + You

(Age 15)

"El, you know I love you, right?" Mike asked, slightly shyly as he looked down at his girlfriend who had her head on his lap.

El rolled onto her back and looked up at him as she brushed her curls out of her face, "Of course I know you love me," She smiled gently, making his heart light up, "And I love you too."

He grinned and directed his eyes back to the screen of the basement TV. But a thought still lingered in his mind, "El, do you know how much I love you?"

She turned her head to look at him and gave him a slightly puzzled look before answering, "You love me a lot?"

Mike shook his head, "Not even close," He slid his hand under her back and helped her sit up. He mumbled shyly, "Look El, its stupid of me to um, have never told you how much I love you sooner and everything and I guess that makes me a bad boyfrie-"

"Mike," El smiled and pressed her hand against his cheek, "You're the best boyfriend ever. And stop rambling."

Mike blushed and just like that, he shut up.

"Okay, okay," He took a deep breathe and shook his head, "Look, I honestly don't think that I can explain with words but I'll try my best."

Mike wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her close and lowered his voice, "I love you to death, El. I would die for you and I'm 111% percent crazy about you. I probably have over a million reasons for why I love you," He blushed shyly but continued, "You're my everything, El. My stars, my world, everything. Regardless of what's happening, I always need you, cause' Me + You means everything will be okay. You make me so happy El. You are absolutely perfect and every moment with you is magical and-"

He was cut off by her lips pressed deeply against his. El didnt need more reasons. She understood. She felt the same way, but was never able to put it into words.

"I love you so much." El whispered against his lips, making his heart melt. Those words put him under a spell, and made him completely intoxicated by his love for her, "Me + You = Forever."

Mike grinned and blushed as he wrapped his arms around her and pulled her into his chest, still trying to comprehend what he had just said. El buried her face in his shoulder, a smile on her face. They sat there together for a while, but 2 words he had said ran through his head,

Me + You...

Me + You...

Me + You...

"Me + You." Mike said aloud, an idea forming in his head.

"What?" El pulled away and gave him a confused look.

"I have an idea," He announced and stood up, helping El to her feet, "Lets go, princess." He began walking upstairs, El following.

"But where are we going?" El asked as she followed her boyfriend as he went into the kitchen.

"Its a surprise El," Mike grinned.

El pouted, "I don't like surprises. Just tell me!" She whined and he shook his head in response.

His opened a kitchen drawer and slipped something into his jacket pocket before handing El her jacket.

She tilted her head and looked up at him with curious eyes before slipping on her jacket. El intertwined their fingers and began to walk through the street of Hawkins together.

The wind blew El's curls around her face and she shivered slightly, moving closer to Mike who immediately pulled her close and wrapped an arm around her shoulders as they walked through Mirkwood.

The turned off the road and began walking through the trees, each one was covered with red, yellow or orange leaves. Mike kicked a pile of leaves, making them fly up and flutter down around them again. El giggled and kissed his cheek as they continued to walk through the brightly coloured trees to a familier place they had both been in... years ago.

They stopped at a clearing surrounded by trees. El soon realized where they were and a smile formed on her lips, "The place we met."

Mike grinned and nodded, "It was right here, El, in 1983, when we first met," He wrapped an arm around her, "During that storm, that's when I found the girl I love."

"I take back what I said about not liking surprises," El smiled and looked into his alluring eyes, "I love your surprises."

He laughed slightly and pulled her close, kissing the top of her head, "I wanted to do something here; To show you how much I love you. Thats why I brought you to the place where we first met," He reached into his pocket and gripped the black handle of a kitchen knife.

Her eyes went wide, a slight hint of fear flickered in her eyes, "Hey hey," Mike said soothingly and El nervously met his eyes again, "You know i wouldnt hurt you. You trust me right?"

Of course she trusted him, "Yes." She shook her head to clear her thoughts and smiled.

"Come here El. I want to do something." He extended his hand towards her. She took his hand gently, her stupid fear and worry escaped her mind. He brought her over to a tree in the center of the clearing.

Mike began carving his name into the truck of the tree. El watched intently as he carved out letters, "Okay your turn. Carve your name next to mine." He offered the knife to her.

She took the knife gently and slowly began carving her name next to Mike's in jagged letters. Mike took the knife from her and carved out some other letters into the tree next to and around their names. He wiped the blade and put it back into his pocket.

Mike reached down and intertwined their fingers again as they both gazed at the letters in the wood, "This way, everyone knows we were here. And this is where our story began: The stormy night in 1983 when we were looking for Will."

Mike Wheeler + El Hopper =
Nov. 7 1983
We began here.

El leaned up and kissed Mike's cheek before resting her head head on his shoulder. Mike wrapped his arm around her as they both looked at the letters they had carved into the tree.

This was place where it had all began. Where a boy met a girl and they fell in love. And now they had symbolized the place where they had met in 1983 on a stormy night in November. The place where their story had began.

I wanted to make this oneshot extra fluffy and I think I did pretty good and my heart hurts rn.

I'm in Mileven Depression again ^-^