Jealously

(Age 14/15)

It was 11:45 at Hawkins High School when the bell rang. Mike quickly darted out of his classroom and up the stairs to El's English class. This had become a routine; Mike going to El's class, then walking to the cafeteria with her to meet up with Dustin, Lucas, Will and Max.

He reached the door to her classroom and saw El talking to someone. Mike frowned and saw the smile on her face as she continued to talk to... a guy?

El hadn't noticed Mike yet and continued to talk to the boy. She sat on a desk with the other guy, laughing and talking. Mike felt a weird spark in his stomach as he continued to watch El and the boy talk. "Ahem."

El looked at the doorway and grinned, "Hi Mike." She walked over and gave her boyfriend a hug. "Sorry, I was talking to my friend, Jacob."

'Friend?' Mike thought and raised an eyebrow.

El didn't notice Mike's confused look and she began introducing both of the boys. She turned to look at Jacob who was still sitting on the desk. El gave him a smile then said, "Um, Jacob, this is my boyfriend, Mike. Mike, this is my friend, Jacob. We both have English and Math together, so we've been talking, a bit." El had a smile on her face as she reached up to kiss Mike's cheek.

Mike smiled a little bit still had his eyes on Jacob. The "sparky" feeling in his stomach increased as he glared at Jacob for a moment.

"Oh, Jane, I didn't know you had a boyfriend." Jacob said with a sly smile on his face. El used the name 'Jane' at school; though Mike and the rest of the party still called her 'El' regardless of where she was.

'She never told him she had a Boyfriend..?' Mike thought and clenched his jaw.

"How long have you been dating for?" Jacob asked.

"We've been dating for-" El started.

"8, almost 9 months." Mike finished as he intertwined his fingers with El's. She smiled a bit and squeezed his hand. "Hey babe, we should go meet up with the others; they are probably waiting for us." El blushed a bit when he called her that pet name; but Mike wanted to show that El was his and that no one could take her away from him.

"Hmm... oh uh, yeah. We should go. Bye Jacob. See you tomorrow." El smiled and turned to walk out the door.

"Bye Jane." Jacob smiled then grabbed his bag and walked to his locker.

Mike and El started talking about their classes, but Mike wasn't really paying attention; he was thinking about that idiot, Jacob. It was obvious that Jacob was flirting with his girlfriend.

'They're just friends, nothing more.... right?' He thought as they walked to the cafeteria and began eating their lunch with the rest of the party. It was official; Mike Wheeler was jealous.

Next Day

El walked to her English class with Mike who had insisted on dropping her off at her classroom. She was wearing a mint green dress that stopped a bit below her knees.

Mike thought she looked gorgeous; but soon realized that Jacob would notice how pretty his girlfriend looked in that dress. The thought made Mike's blood boil and his fist clench. El kissed his cheek and quickly said, "See you at lunch, like always." And she began to walk into her class but Mike grabbed her wrist and pulled her back to him.

El had a confused look on her face and gasped a bit when Mike pressed his lips against hers. They kissed for a minute until El finally pulled away. Her cheeks were tinted red and smile was on her face. Mike smirked and looked into the classroom, and noticed Jacob staring at them. He met Mike's eyes and looked away quickly.

After class

Jacob and El stayed in the classroom for a few minutes and talked until Mike approached that room. Like the day before, El didn't notice her boyfriend approach right away. They continued to talk and Jacob slowly took her hand.

That's when Mike snapped. He stormed into the room and pulled his girlfriend away from Jacob. Mike's jaw was clenched and his blood boiled; anger exploded in his chest as he glared at Jacob who was on his feet, his eyes slightly wide. Without saying a word, Mike took El's hand and led her to the bleachers by the field.

"M-Mike! What's wrong?!" El asked, alarmed.

"Are you kidding me?!" Mike scoffed. "Jacob was flirting with you, El. When you date someone, it's a committed relationship. You can't let guys suddenly hit on you or flirt with you! And why didn't you tell him you had a boyfriend, El?"

"I-I-" El stammered, trying to find the correct words to say.

Mike walked over to her, and said in a low voice, "Why was he holding your hand, huh? No other guy who isnt me or close friends or family is allowed to do that."

"I w-was showing him my ring, Mike..." El said quietly, a hint of fear in her voice.

Some of the anger slowly began to diffuse from Mike. "What?"

"I-I said, he was holding my hand cause I was showing him the ring you gave me..." She raised her hand, motioning to the silver and pink ring that Mike had given her for Christmas that year. El suddenly noticed Mike's expression change. "Mike, were you... j-jealous?"

"N-no... No. Of course not." Mike said. El raised her eyebrows, making it clear that she knew her boyfriend had lied. Mike sighed then muttered, "I was worried you were gonna leave me for Jacob... I didn't want to lose y-"

El pressed her lips against his, shutting him up immediately. They pulled away a minute later, and El whispered, "I love you, Mike. I don't like... or love Jacob. I promise."

Mike sighed in relief, causing El to giggle. "I love you too... but are you sure you don't like Jacob at all?"

El smirked. "Yes Mike, I don't like Jacob like that... but he is pretty cute though..." She winked at him so he would know she was only kidding. "Let's go eat lunch, Mike." She began walking towards the school.

"Okay.. and El, you were only kidding, right?" Mike asked desperately as he ran after his girlfriend.

~FYI, EL WAS ONLY KIDDING CAUSE MILEVEN 4 LIFE!~

By using the name "Jacob", I am in no way "insulting" or pushing hate towards Millie's and Jacob's real life relationship. I kinda just found it funny to use that name with Millie's character in the show.