Stars

(Age 14)

"Mike, I have a question." El said as she sat down next to Mike who's gaze was focused on the television.

"Okay, what is it?" Mike asked as he wrapped an arm around his girlfriend's shoulders gently and pulled her close to him.

She rested her head on his shoulder and smiled, "At night, I sometimes see these... 'things' glowing in the sky. They're tiny but they look beautiful... What are they?" She asked curiously and she took his hand and traced her thumb across his knuckles.

He smiled and brought her hand up to his lips and pressed a light kiss against the back of her hand, making a light blush rise to her cheeks, "Those are stars, El. They're basically balls of fire in Space, and from Earth, they look like little diamonds in the sky," He explained, "And whenever the sky is clear, we can see them from here."

"Stars," El said, smiling as she understood. She lowered her voice and spoke, "I haven't really seen the stars before, except for a few times through a window..." Slight sadness filled her voice as she looked down at her lap. Being in the lab all her life had limited her from doing basic things that every other normal person got to experience.

"Hey, hey," Mike pressed his fingertips under her chin and brought her head up to meet his eyes, "I can show you the stars, El. I know that if you saw them outside instead of from a window, you would love it." He smiled warmly at her as he brushed one of her curls behind her ear and traced his finger down her jaw.

El shook her head slightly, "Its okay Mike. You dont have to show me."

"But I want to!" He whined slightly, making him smile shyly, "The sky looks like it's covered in diamonds; it's amazing and I want you to see that."

A smile graced her lips and she kissed him gently, love and happiness filled her heart, "Okay, Mike Wheeler. Tonight, show me the stars."

Later, at night...

"El. Come on, wake up," Mike said softly as he shook her gently, "The stars are out."

"Mmm I'm sleepy," El mumbled groggily and turned over, "I wanna sleep."

"But don't you want to see the stars?"

El sighed and sat up, silently saying goodbye to her bed. She stood up and pulled on one of Mike's hoodies and followed him outside and into the backyard where an old blanket was spread out over the grass underneath the night sky.

"Wow," El said breathlessly as she looked around at the star-covered sky above her. She met Mike's eyes and saw the smug smile on his face, "Thank you Mike." She ran over to him and wrapped her arms around his neck. His hands rested on her waist as she kissed him sweetly, a smile on her lips.

"I'd do anything for you," He mumbled as he pulled away from his happy girlfriend and sat down on the blanket. He looked up at her with smile and beckoned for her to sit next to him. "So, are you happy?"

El rolled her eyes and leaned against him gently, "Of course I'm happy! This is amazing, Mike."

"I'm glad you like it." He grinned and wrapped an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. He began to show her the constellations that were hidden in the sky.

El's smile grew wider as she gazed at the millions of stars. She layed down across the blanket and rested her head on Mike's lap so she could properly see the sky above her. He ran his fingers through her curls as her eyes darted from star to star.

"They're so beautiful." El whispered as a smile formed on her lips.

"No, they're pretty."

"What?" El asked, sitting up, "What do you mean?"

"There are millions of stars and all of them are really pretty, but not beautiful," Mike said, meeting her eyes, "Cause' you're the only beautiful thing that i can see."

El's cheeks turned red at Mike's words and her eyes landed in her lap. She bit her lip slightly and a smile graced her lips. She slowly looked up at Mike to see the smug smile on his lips.

El leaned forward and rested her hand on his jaw and kissed him. Fireworks went off in his heart as he rested his hand on her lower back, pulling her body closer to his. He pulled back slightly, a grin on his face and a slight blush of hers.

"I love you El, I hope you know that." Mike said quietly as he tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"Oh, you love me? I didn't know that." El replied with an eye roll, "Since when do you love me, huh?"

"I've loved to since the day I met you," He smirked, "Now stop playing dumb and let me kiss you again since you 'don't think I love you'."

He wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed a soft kiss against her lips, making her smile against his. Butterflies fluttered in her stomach as she kissed him. There was something about being with him that made her feel on top of the world. She was in love.

"Do you believe me now?" Mike mumbled against her lips, a smirk on his lips.

El resisted the urge to laugh, she knew how much Mike loved her, "Nope." She replied, wanting another kiss.

He cupped her cheek and kissed her deeply, a smirk on his lips. El blushed and kissed back, her arms wrapped around his neck tightly, pulling him close. His hand roamed down her back, making a shiver run down her spine. When he pulled away, they were both out of breathe.

"Now?" He asked, a smug smile on his lips.

El giggled and nodded. She leaned in and pressed a kiss against his cheek, making him smile, "I love you, Mike..."

"I love you too," He replied as she layed down and rested her head on his lap, "I'm in love with you, El."

El sighed contently as he ran his fingers through her hair. She was so in love with Mike. Her eyes felt heavy and she slowly closed them, quickly getting a glance at the stars before she fell asleep.

Mike noticed that El had fallen asleep, so her carefully picked her up and carried her inside to his room and layed her down on the bed, "Mm Mike?" El said groggily.

"I'm right here El," He layed down next to her and pulled her close, "Lets get some sleep, okay? It's pretty late."

"Okay..." She whispered and snuggled into his chest, "Thank you Mike..." She said before falling asleep with a smile on her lips.

He smiled and whispered in her ear, "I would do anything to keep you smiling."