Rainy Days

(Age 14/15)

"Mike Mike Mike Mike Mike," El whined, repeatedly poking her boyfriend's shoulder.

"Yes El?"

"I'm bored. It's raining. Entertain me." El pouted.

"Let me finish my book, then sure." Mike replied.

"You're boring... Mike and Ike." El smirked at her new nickname for him.

"Nobody calls me boring... or Mike and Ike, even though those happen to be my favorite candy." Mike groaned.

"Do something with me!" El complained, resting her head on his shoulder. "Let's watch a movie or eat eggos or something.

Mike set his book down and took her hand, "I'll make the eggos, you pick the movie."

El nodded and walked into the basement, looking through the different movies that were stacked in the corner. Meanwhile, Mike started making eggos for them, spreading them out nicely on a plate once they were ready. Once she had picked the movie, she sat by the basement window and stared out the rain covered world.

Mike walked into the basement quietly and placed the plate on the table, watching how mesmerized his girlfriend was by the rain that splashed against the window. He snaked his arms around her waist and pulled her into his chest, looking out the window with her. El relaxed against him and placed her hands on his arms as the looked out the rain covered window together.

He ducked his head down slightly and whispered next to her ear, "Shall we watch that movie now?"

El nodded and turned around in his arms, pressing a light kiss against his lips before ducking out of his grasp and climbing onto the couch. Mike followed her and sat next to her, looping an arm around her waist as the movie began to play (with a little bit of help from El's powers).

Mike wrapped his arm around, as the movie began to play. He was barely paying attention; all he wanted to do was run outside and play in the rain. His eyes darted around the room, looking out at the rain drops that covered the window.

"El?" Mike asked, pulling out of his grasp.

"Yeah?"

"Can we go in the rain?"

"It's cold outside."

"Please?"

"I'm... I'm scared Mike," El mumbled, "I don't like the rain."

"I'll protect you, I always have, and always will." Mike grinned, "please?"

"Fine, let me grab our jackets," El sighed and paused the movie.

She grabbed their jackets and while Mike found piece of paper. He opened a small box and began folding the piece of paper. Once he was finished, he dipped his finger into the box and ran it across the paper boat that now laid on the table.

"What do we do with the boat?" El asked curiously as she pulled on her jacket.

"You'll see, El," Mike replied and put on his jacket. "Ready?"

"I guess."

Mike ran out the basement door. He stepped into the rain, grinning as it hit his face. El stood nervously in the doorway, watching him. "Do you trust me El?"

She nodded slightly and he took her hand, gently pulling her into the rain.

El smiled slightly and walked to the centre of the yard with her . Mike unzipped his jacket and threw it onto the floor. "Mike, you're going to get a cold."

"I don't care El," He ran his fingers through his hair, "Come join me."

El hesitated before slowly taking off her jacket and joining him in the rain. She smiled nervously and took the boat from his hands, "What do we do with this?"

"Come on, I'll show you." He took her hand and led her to the side of the house where a stream of water had formed. "Watch." Mike placed the boat in the stream and they watched as their paper boat sailed through the water. The nervous smile on her face was replace with a true smile of happiness.

Thunder boomed above them, making El jump and run into Mike's arms. "Its okay El. I'm here." He said soothingly. She pulled out of his grasp and smiled at him.

"El," Mike asked nervously, this idea suddenly filling his head. "Dance with me?"

"In the rain?"

Mike's cheeks went red, "Its supposed to be romantic. Now, please dance with me."

El nodded nervously and he took her hands in his. "Can I spin you?" He asked as they danced together in the rain.

"I don't know Mike..."

"You'll love it, El. Trust me." He said softly and spun her out of his grasp and back in gently. She giggled and met his eyes, enjoying the spin.

They danced around the wet backyard together, but Mike's eyes kept landing on her lips. But before he could ask her a question, she whispered, "Mike? Can you... can you kiss me?" Her cheeks turned a soft shade of red.

Mike nodded slowly and spun her once more. As he brought her in, she rested her hands on her shoulders and kissed her lips gently, allowing for the perfect kiss in the rain to happen. They froze and kissed again. El forgot about her fear of the rain storms and Mike was completely intoxicated by his love for her.

"Have I ever told you that I love you?" Mike mumbled, a smirk on her lips.

"You tell me every day," El replied, a blush on her cheeks.

"I'll tell you again," Mike brushed one of her wet curls out of her face. "I love you."

"I love you too," El smiled and moved closer to him, feeling cold. "Can we go inside?"

"Of course," Mike brought her inside and handed her a towel. She wrapped it around herself as he pulled out their clothes.

El grabbed her clothes and went into the bathroom to change. Once she was done, she went back into the basement, noticing that Mike had cleaned up the water and was waiting for her on the couch. She crawled onto the couch next to him and turned on the movie.

"Can we have the eggos now?"

Best rainy day ever.

Don't forget to hit the star button on your way out!