The Assembly Part 2

Hey guys, this was originally going to be in the chapter I updated this morning but Wattpad deleted it for some reason? I had to rewrite this whole thing in one night. Sorry for the delay. Love you all. Here is the real chapter.. Enjoy

EMILY POV.

I woke up to the sound of my alarm going off. I immediately feel the nerves in my stomach. My speech is  today and I couldn't be more nervous. I get out of bed slowly and walk to my closet. I pick out my best outfit, but stay true to myself, since that is what I am talking about today.  

I shower, put my outfit on and do my hair. I can't eat I'm so nervous. Then my phone goes off. 

Morning Babe! I can't wait to see you today. If you ever get nervous just think of me and how much I love you! Good Luck Em!

<3 Alison

I smile and start to calm down as I read her text. I take a deep breath, grab my keys, and head out. 

I get to the school and sit backstage, as the boy before me is speaking to the school. I'm more calm then before but still worried. My hands shake as I go through my note cards one last time. I sigh and just wish I could have Ali with me right now. Just as I'm lost in my thoughts I see my perfect girlfriend running towards me. I meet her half way and give her a hug.

"Oh my god Ali, what are doing here?! You're not allowed back here." I whisper as I smile at her. She smiles a sweet innocent smile back and gets on her tippy toes. She connects our lips for a long, soft, romantic kiss. She pulls away and I flutter my eyes open. 

"I just wanted to give you one last kiss." She whispers. I blush and take her hand. 

"Just what I needed." I say softly. All my nerves have disappeared and I remember Alison Dilaurentis is the one girl who made me question my sexuality in the first place... because in my eyes, she's perfect. 

She starts to walk away and our hands slowly depart. She looks back as she runs and mouthes "I love you" to me and gets back to the auditorium. 

ALISON POV. 

As I get out from back stage I get back into my seat in the front row. I sit in between Aria and Hanna as we watch the guy before Em finish his speech. Everybody claps for him as he makes his way off stage. 

The principal walks on stage, slightly taps the microphone and clears his throat. 

"Now please welcome to the stage, Rosewood HIgh's very own, Emily Fields." He announces. There is a huge clap for Emily and that makes me smile. She walks out through the curtain and makes her way towards the microphone. She sneaks in a quick glance at me and gives me a quick wink. My heart skips a beat as I smile like an idiot and clap for her. She then begins to speak.

"Hi everyone, I'm Emily Fields, as most of you know," she says with an adorable, crowd pleasing smile, "I have known I am a lesbian since the 8th grade, ever since I had a major crush on the most amazing girl." She continues as she looks at me with passion in her eyes. I feel my eyes start to water. I look over at Hanna and she is already balling. Then some dumb football jocks behind us start chuckling like they're up to something. I give them the evil eye, and just shake it off. "Knowing is the easy part, it's the coming out and accepting who you really are that's the hardest. When you're thinking about coming out, you think of it as something that will ruin your life, and only make things worse, but that's far from the truth. Others think once you come out, everything is perfect and nothing changes, which, in most cases, is also not true. When I came out, I lost a lot. I lost friends, even relationships with my own two parents for a while. But I also gained something, bigger than all my losses, which is myself. Once I came out, it was a huge weight lifted off my shoulders, and I could finally just be my true self and breath. I could finally be the person I want to be, not what others wanted. I also gained strength and confidence." Emily goes on with her beautiful speech and talks about all the ups and downs being gay has put her through. Practically everyone in the gym has tears rolling down their cheeks, but the dumb ass jocks behind me are still chuckling and whispering. Emily's speech is coming to an end and I'm loving every word. She is talking about how her life is now.

"Now, my life is great. I swim competitively and love every minute of it. I have 4 of the best friends anybody could ever ask for, and I have one, perfect girlfriend... and I've had a crush on her since the 8th grade." She says as she looks at me. Tears come streaming down my face as I look at her and smile. The whole crowd breaks out into "awes" as they remember what she said in the beginning of the speech about the girl she had a crush on in 8th grade. Me.

I look back at the dumb jocks and it almost looks like they are signaling someone to "go." My eyes pop out of my head as I look at the curtains. I see another boy in a varsity jacket, holding a rope, trying to hide off stage. Oh no. 

"So just know, things do get better." Emily finishes as everybody stands up, wipes their tears and claps for her. Then I look and see the boy start to pull the rope. My heart sinks as I look up and see a bucket hanging right about Emily. Emily is still absorbing the huge applause she is getting when I scream.

"EMILY!" I scream in horror. She hears me over the roaring crowd and looks at me, worried. But it's too late. The bucket fully tilts and pink paint starts pouring out of it. Emily drops her note cards and covers her shocked face as pink paint drenches her from head to toe. I cover my mouth with my hand as the happy tears turn into horrified ones. The paint just keeps pouring on her and her hair, outfit, and confidence gets ruined. After the paint finishes pouring, a huge banner behind her drops spelling the word "DYKE" on it. The whole crowd is silent as the jocks behind me are trying to hold in their laughter. My heart breaks when Emily's head turns to read the sign. She stares at it for a second, then turns back to look at me. I see her glossy brown eyes through the paint and see tears coming down her face. I have never felt so hurt until this moment, right now, staring at a broken Emily.

"Emily." I whisper in shock.