I Love You

EMILY POV.

I woke up and it was Monday morning. Great. I was still pretty hurt about how Alison forgot about our anniversary. We hadn't talked or texted all weekend. I mean, she had texted me hundreds of times but I didn't feel like texting her back. Im gonna be honest, I missed her a lot.

I walked into school and all the girls were standing by Hanna's locker. Including Alison. I walk over and they all seem surprised that I was walking there way. Especially Alison. When I arrived it seemed like they didn't know what to say exactly.

"Hey Em." Spencer finally said.

"Hey Spence." I smiled and said softly. Everything was awkward. I don't think they wanted to say the wrong thing.

"So Em, how was your weekend?" Everybody looked at Hanna pissed because they all knew that my weekend was really shitty.

"It was okay." I replied. Lying. It was the worst weekend ever. I slowly looked up, Alison was staring at me. We made quick eye contact and I let out a non-convincing small smile and looked away. Then the bell rang. I quickly walked away from the awkward circle. All the girls had English 1st with Mr. Fitz. I got in the classroom first and sat down. I see Alison walk in and of course in the beginning of the year we chose to sit next to each other. This was going to be beyond awkward.

She sat down in her seat right to the left of me. I just looked down at my desk and tapped my pencil. I could see Ali in the corner of my eye doodling in her book that she kept just for sketching during class. She leaned down to get something from her backpack and left her book open on the table. I quickly glanced over to see what she was drawing. My heart melted, all of the drawings were 'Emily' or 'EF+AD' in hearts. It was adorable. She started to get up and I quickly looked down. I didn't want her to know I saw. 

It was hard to stay mad at Ali but my heart couldn't really let go of what she did yet. English class was so damn awkward. We are literally Right Next to each other. Mr. Fitz was talking about the book we just read in class and how the main character was in love with his wife deeply, but then his wife cheated on him. The women felt terrible and was going to leave, but the man stopped her because even though his wife made a mistake he was still in love with her. Mr. Fitz kept talking about it.

"Now, discuss with the person next to you about why you think he stopped her from leaving even though what she did was terrible." Oh god. The person next to me was, just my luck, Alison. Alison turned to me and I slowly turned to face her.

"I think a big part of loving someone is being able to forgive. I think their love was bigger than her mistake. That's why he couldn't let her go." Alison said with a sweet voice. After she said this I slowly looked in her eyes. I wanted to kiss her and I could tell she wanted to kiss me to. I just stared at her eyes. She began to speak again, "Emily, I L-" She was interrupted by Mr. Fitz.

"Okay, let's continue." He said. We both turned to face the board. What did Ali need to tell me? I hated being mad at her. But again, I just couldn't let go. I could feel her look at me during class but I pretended not to notice. 

ALISON POV.

I just wanted Emily to forgive me then kiss me forever. I missed kissing her and hugging her. I knew she was hurt and I understood. I was trying to give her space but it was hard. In English class we sat right next to each other. I would always look at her and just get lost in how beautiful she is. I don't think she ever noticed I was staring at her. I missed her so much.

It was finally lunch time and I walked to the table we always sit at. I looked over at the table I asked Emily to be my girlfriend on and smiled. I got to the table and the only open spot was next to Emily.