Not What It Looks Like

ALISON POV.

"I'm going to go get some ice." I said while grabbing the ice bucket and heading down to the lobby. Em should be back soon after her dinner with Samara. I was extremely jealous, but I know Em wouldn't do anything to hurt me. She loves me. I smile thinking about how she loves me while riding down in the elevator.

I get the ice and make my way back up to the room. I wonder if Emily is back already? The elevator door opens and I step out and begin to make my way down the hall. I turn the corner with the ice.

I drop my ice bucket and can't believe what is happening. Samara and Emily are about to kiss. I feel tears quickly well up in my eyes and my heart start cracking. I'm in shock.

"Em?" I manage to say, sounding hurt even though I'm trying my best not to sound that way. They both quickly look back at me and step away from each other quickly. They are both in shock.

"Alison," Emily says softly, "it's not what it looks like." She looks like she's totally freaking out on the inside but trying to stay calm on the outside. She slowly takes a step towards me but I take a step back still so shocked and broken. I look at the ice on the ground and then look back up at Emily and Samara, who is just staying quiet and standing still.

"How could you?" I whisper in disbelief as tears are beginning to roll down my cheeks. I quickly turn and run back to the elevator.

EMILY POV.

"How could you?" She whispers. My heart breaks just looking at her. I wasn't going kiss Samara, I was actually a second away from telling her to stop. I'm just staring at Alison and she looks down at her dropped ice and back up at me. She then just turns and sprints away to the elevator. I look back at Samara with an angry look, then I quickly run after her.

"ALI WAIT." I scream. She just keeps running and crying. She turns the corner and I run faster. She's pretty ahead of me though. At the end of the hall I see her get into the elevator. She looks at me as I'm running to catch the elevator and crying; pressing the elevator button so it will close faster. I finally get to the elevator right when it closes. At this point I'm also crying. I pound on the elevator crying.

"ALI PLEASE LET ME EXPLAIN DON'T GO!" I yell.

After crying at the elevator, hoping Alison will come back up for a half hour I decide to go back to the room. I walk into our room and see the other girls in the kitchen just talking.

"Hey Em! How was it?" They ask. Then they realize my eyes are red and puffy from crying. "Oh my god Em! What happened?" They all ask running over to me to comfort me. I look up at them and start to cry again.

"Samara was dropping me off and we said our goodbyes and stuff, then we hugged. We both pulled away and then Samara started to lean in to kiss me. I was about to tell her to stop and reject her kiss but then Ali saw and ran away. She thought I was going to kiss her and that I was going to cheat on her but I would never! I love her too much for that!" I was balling my head off and the girls were comforting me on the couch.

"It's okay Em, we will just wait for her until she comes back and then you can explain exactly what happened." Aria said in a calming voice. I nodded and slowly stopped crying. We all just watched TV on the couch silently.

ALISON POV.

After I got away from Emily I went down to the hotel bar. I'm known for looking older than I actually am so the bartender didn't card me. I just sat at the bar and sipped my drink silently. I was so broken and angry. I can't believe Emily was going to kiss her. Turns out I did have something to be jealous about.

I decided not to get super drunk tonight, even though I could, and actually really wanted to. I just didn't want to do anything stupid and make a dumb mistake. I just sipped my one drink and got lost in my thoughts. Samara was beautiful, and had a perfect smile. I could see how Em would like her. Em always makes me feel like I am the most beautiful, most important girl in the world. I wonder if she treats me the same as she treated her other girlfriends? I don't like to think about this.