Chapter Fifty-Three: Fire and Ice

You returned to the class 1-A bleachers, your steps a little lighter. Unfortunately, the calm state Katsuki had put you in didn't last long.

You settled back into your seat, watching as Katsuki and Uraraka stood opposite each other in the arena. It was going to be a tough match for her. You knew that she wouldn't win; couldn't, really.

Katsuki's drive to place first was far too strong. Not only was it his aim to become the number one hero, but his relationship with you was supposedly on the line as well. Besides, his skill level far surpassed hers.

Uraraka fought valiantly though. You watched with a small smile as she continued to launch herself at Katsuki, keeping low to the ground. He hadn't seemed to notice what she was up to yet.

You were surprised when people from the crowd started yelling at Katsuki, calling him a villain for fighting so rough against his female classmate. Your body went rigid. Do they really not see what's going on?

The fight was reminding you more and more and your fight with Touya the previous year. The crowd had been just as horrified as he'd continued to throw bright blue shards of energy at you, your blood painting the arena ground red.

She's got spirit, I'll give her that.

Before long Uraraka launched her final attack, surprising Katsuki. As chunks of rock barrelled down towards him, you watched with narrowed eyes as he raised his left hand to the sky, bracing himself behind the wrist with his other hand.

Within seconds the stadium was filled with an enormous blast, shrouding everything in smoke as pebbles began to rain down.

Katsuki prepared for a second round against his classmate, but you noticed how he favoured his right hand now. That must have hurt him. You frowned, rubbing your wrist in your lap in sympathy.

As Katsuki was declared the winner of his match, you stood, leaving the class 1-A bleachers. I should go and look for Shoto. He should have been here by now.

~~~

You huffed in frustration. Where the hell is he?! You begrudgingly made your way back to where class 1-A was seated. Shoto was no where to be found, and you were beginning to worry. He's probably avoiding me.

Katsuki grabbed your wrist as you went to pass him, surprising you as he pulled you towards the seat beside him... which was occupied.

"Move it, Sparky," Katsuki barked at Kaminari, who jumped in surprise but quickly shuffled down with Sero as the ash blond threatened to blast him.

The boys stared in pure shock as you took Kaminari's seat beside Katsuki, remaining silent as you pulled his left hand into your lap. You silently went to work on massaging his wrist, hoping that your efforts would help to ease his pain, if only a little.

A small smile flashed across Katsuki's face as your eyes focused on the arena below. Even if your current thoughts and worries were about Shoto's coming battle, he was happy to know that you were thinking of him in some way. Plus, your small and soft warm fingers felt like heaven over his injured wrist.

He didn't even have to voice his pain and yet you had clearly been focused enough on him during his match to notice. His heart swelled as he watched you out of the corner of his eye, your bottom lip pulled unconsciously between your teeth as you worried away at it.

Katsuki swallowed hard, remember how sweet those light pink lips had tasted only a few days earlier. He was so distracted that he almost didn't notice the beginning of the match.