Chapter Thirty-Eight: Turmoil

By the time you got home, it was already late. Touya had offered to give you a ride back to the city, but you'd needed the time to be alone. Even though you were tired, and the ride would have been nice, the long walk had afforded you plenty of time to think.

You'd entered your apartment, surprised to find the place dark. Did Shoto leave? You frowned. Well, it's not like he was supposed to stay, I guess.

You shifted out of the void, making your way to the kitchen as you noticed the light from the tv illuminating the living room. You glanced around the corner to see Shoto passed out on the couch, the tv screen asking if he wanted to continue watching whatever show he'd put on.

You tiptoed past him, going to your bedroom to change into a pair of fuzzy pajama pants and a cotton nightshirt. Once you'd changed, you quietly made your way back out to the living room. You crouched down in front of the couch, watching Shoto's sleeping form.

He looks so cute! His red and white bangs were falling into his eyes, creating a fluffy mess over his face. He looked so serene, almost like an angel.

You reached out a hand in awe, tracing along the edges of the scar surrounding his one eye. The skin felt rough under your fingertips, a contrast to the cool, pale skin of his cheek.

You froze as Shoto sighed in his sleep, shifting slightly. You smiled to yourself, continuing to trace your way down his cheek and along his sharpening jaw.

You hesitated briefly before moving your fingers to his lips. Your absentmindedly ran your fingertips along the outer edges, admiring their soft pink hue.

You bit your lip as you remembered how it had felt to kiss him, the way he'd gently held your face in his hands. God, it felt so good when he kissed me...

You jumped suddenly when his lips pressed back against the pads of your fingers. You quickly pulled you hand away, watching as he lazily blinked himself awake, smiling slightly.

"Welcome home," he rasped, eyes still half closed. "I thought that I wouldn't see you for a couple of days."

You shook your head. "We have school in the morning, remember? I can't just skip out on all of my responsibilities."

Shoto nodded, slowly moving to sit up. "I take it that all of your memories are back now?"

"Yeah," you smiled weakly. "Come on, it's late. Let's go to bed."

~~~

The morning was spent mostly in silence. Shoto didn't want to pry about your time spent in the void, and you were having a hard time coming up with things to talk about.

You'd left early that morning to go with Shoto to drop his things off at his house. With your memories back, there was no excuse for him to stay. The UA Sports festival was only a couple weeks away, which meant that Endeavour wanted his son at home.

You cringed at the image of the training Shoto was going to have to endure for the next few weeks.

"I guess I won't be seeing much of you for a while." Shoto sighed, taking your hand as you set off to UA.

"I guess not," you frowned. "I know there's not much that I can do but... try to take it easy, okay?"

He let out a small laugh, the sound filled with despair. "You do remember who my father is, right?"

"I know, Shoto," you winced. "But at least I'll still get to see you during lunches. Plus, I'll be working with your class in the afternoon until the Sports Festival."

"The whole time?" Shoto frowned. "What about your own training, shouldn't you be-"

"I already have training sessions lined up with some of my classmates for after school." You stopped, turning to look at him. "Plus, it's kind of my responsibility to help train you guys now. I've already won two of my sports festivals, it doesn't really matter if I don't place first in this one."

"But-"

"(L/n) (y/n)!"

Oh shit! You panicked, grabbing onto Shoto as you recognized the person calling your name. "Shoto, I have to go!"

"Wait, what?" Shoto grabbed your arm as you turned to run. "(Y/n), what's going on?"

"No time to explain!" You glanced over his shoulder, your heart practically beating out of your chest as you watched Nanami's approaching form. "I'll see you at lunch, okay?" You leaned up to quickly kiss him on the cheek before yanking your arm out of his grasp and sprinting away.

"(Y/n), you brat! Get back here!" Nanami charged past Shoto, who simply watched as you jumped away from your friend, vanishing into the void. "God damn it woman! I know where your classes are!"

~~~

"Do you often hide in the plants around the school?"

You jumped, turning to glare at the student who'd spotted you outside of the cafeteria. "For your information- Oh, hi Ochaco," you smiled at the brown haired first year. "Sorry, this probably looks... odd." You stepped out from behind the overgrown fern.

"Are you hiding from someone?" She looked at you quizzically.

"Actually, yeah," you laughed nervously. "I kind of told my best friends crush that she liked him, and now she's mad at me, so I'm trying to avoid her."

"Oh, that's not very good," Uraraka frowned. "Maybe you should go and apologize?"

"Normally I would, but it's not going to help any at this point." You sighed. "I just have to wait until she's calmed down a bit."

"Hey, Uraraka! Who are you talking to?"

You both turned to see a familiar green haired boy walking towards you, slightly obscured from your view due to the plant.

"Just me, Midoriya," you peeked your head out from around the fern, startling him slightly.

"Oh, sorry, I didn't see you there (l/n)."

"No worries," you smiled. "Have you seen Shoto?"

"Yeah, I think I saw him headed this way not too long ago," Midoriya brought his hand to his chin, thinking. "But I could be wrong. He looked like he was going to do something important..."

Something important? You frowned. "Oh, okay. Maybe I'll text him then."

"President (l/n)!"

You all turned to see a spiky red haired student come running towards your group.

"Kirishima, what's wrong?" Midoriya looked to his classmate, who had stopped in front of you, slightly out of breath.

"Please, you have to come quick!" He huffed, looking frantic. "I think Bakugo and Todoroki are fighting."